TListView.ColumnClick Access violation, any clues please???

Hi,

Having just stumbled (Doh!) upon TListView after wrestling with header
controls and tabbed list boxes etc, I get about 5 succssive Access
Violation errors when I set the ColumnClick to False at design time.

It compiles and runs fine with it set to True at design time, or when
I set it to False in the OnCreate event, it too is ok.

I am using D3.02 is this just another "feature" I need to live with??

--

Grumpy, the Third Dwarf
(Dave Johnson)

If I were taller, I wouldn't be so short!
      Dyslexics of the world, untie

Re:TListView.ColumnClick Access violation, any clues please???

Sounds like a bug. I don't have this version of delphi so there's no point
examining the source on my end.. However if you search altavista for the
"delphi bug list" (at a Mr Sterkenburgs web site) you may find a report/fix.
In any case you seem to have found a fix of sorts yourself.

Greg Lorriman
Free handy utils at http://www.lorriman.demon.co.uk

Grumpy, the Third Dwarf <grumpyoldf...@attglobal.net> wrote in message

> Hi,

> Having just stumbled (Doh!) upon TListView after wrestling with header
> controls and tabbed list boxes etc, I get about 5 succssive Access
> Violation errors when I set the ColumnClick to False at design time.

> It compiles and runs fine with it set to True at design time, or when
> I set it to False in the OnCreate event, it too is ok.

> I am using D3.02 is this just another "feature" I need to live with??

> --

> Grumpy, the Third Dwarf
> (Dave Johnson)

> If I were taller, I wouldn't be so short!
>       Dyslexics of the world, untie

Re:TListView.ColumnClick Access violation, any clues please???

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999 02:02:55 +0100, "Greg Lorriman"

Thanks Greg, it is not listed so I will send it to them.