Using FmxUtils (Newbie)

I need to be able to move or delete nominated files from within my program.
FmxUtils (D3/Demos/Doc/FileManEx) seems to be what I need. Unfortunately I
have no idea how to use it.

File and path are determined by FileListBox1 & FileEdit.
Dir to move to is determined by DirEdit2. (Move = Button1.Click)
Delete is Button2.Click.

I tried copying FmxUtils.pas to my program's dir (C:\filesort) and included
in it uses. Don't think I'm on the right track, though.

Any help, especially by example, greatly appreciated. Thanks. Paul.

Re:Using FmxUtils (Newbie)

In article <01bd3e8b$fa65e540$093828cb@default>,
   "Paul " <p...@bigpond.com> wrote:
]-Using FmxUtils (Newbie)
]-
]-I need to be able to move or delete nominated files from within my program.
]-FmxUtils (D3/Demos/Doc/FileManEx) seems to be what I need. Unfortunately I
]-have no idea how to use it.
]-

put the fmxUtils unit in your uses statement, then use the routines
in fmxUtils just as you would any library routine...

]-File and path are determined by FileListBox1 & FileEdit.
]-Dir to move to is determined by DirEdit2. (Move = Button1.Click)
]-Delete is Button2.Click.
]-
]-I tried copying FmxUtils.pas to my program's dir (C:\filesort) and included
]-in it uses. Don't think I'm on the right track, though.

sure you are, this is certainly one what to accomplish what you need
to do...

]-
]-Any help, especially by example, greatly appreciated. Thanks. Paul.
]-

here's a very simply implementation of the "Move" button...

  Var
    fileCount : integer;
  begin
    for fileCount := 1 to FileListBox1.Items.Count do
      if FileListBox1.Selected[fileCount-1] then
        MoveFile(FileListBox1.Items[fileCount-1], DirEdit2.Text);
  end;

Mark Vaughan

Other Threads