Gurus: Gotchas about DLLs and BDE, DLLs and ExitProcs?

I've got a mysterious problem (a memory scribble) that seems to be somehow
related to the ExitProc termination-sequence in a program that uses the BDE in
a DLL and unloads that DLL during sessions.  I'm wondering about the general
safety of ExitProc-dependent code when the routine doing the ExitProc request
might not be present in memory when the ExitProc is called.

If this sounds fuzzy... it is.  What I'm hoping is that some Guru will say "oh
yeah, didn't you see on page XXX of the manual (such as it is) that..."  ;-)

Basically, a clue would be nice.

(So would a fuzzy navel.)  ;-)

/mr/

Re:Gurus: Gotchas about DLLs and BDE, DLLs and ExitProcs?

Sundial Services wrote:

> I've got a mysterious problem (a memory scribble) that seems to be somehow
> related to the ExitProc termination-sequence in a program that uses the BDE in
> a DLL and unloads that DLL during sessions.  I'm wondering about the general
> safety of ExitProc-dependent code when the routine doing the ExitProc request
> might not be present in memory when the ExitProc is called.

        ??? My impression was that you or your routines don't call ExitProc,
it's called by the system when the dll is unloaded. As in delphi.hlp,
"The exit procedure will be executed when the operating system unloads the
library.". I'm missing exactly what it is that you fear might not be present
in memory.

--
David Ullrich

?his ?s ?avid ?llrich's ?ig ?ile