Board index » delphi » ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite

ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite

We are pleased to announce the availability of Castalia 1.1, the ultimate
Delphi productivity suite.

http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia

Among other things, new features include:
Completely new Options Dialog
Added Options to choose hotkey for all navigation toolbar buttons
Added non-destructive traversal to bookmark stack
New Error Balloons report the nature of errors
New on-demand syntax checking
Fixed bug that prevented use of inherited frames
Added context-sensitivity features to code templates
Fixed context-sensitivity issues with code templates
Added "Total Time" to project statistics
Added [] support to parenthesis matcher
Countless trivial tweaks and fixes

If you're new to Castalia, here are some of the core features:
Editor Line Numbers
Navigation Toolbar
Bookmark Stack
Structural Highlighting
Parenthesis Matching
Live Syntax Checking
Error Balloons
Code Templates
...and much more!

http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia

--
Jacob Thurman
Creator of Castalia - The ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite.
http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia
Super-Smart Syntax Highlighting
Fast, powerful code templates
Code Navigation Facilities you've only dreamed of
On-the fly syntax checking

 

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


Oh yeah, and there's finally a 30-day trial available!

--
Jacob Thurman
Creator of Castalia - The ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite.
http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia
Super-Smart Syntax Highlighting
Fast, powerful code templates
Code Navigation Facilities you've only dreamed of
On-the fly syntax checking

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


Hi Jacob,

Just downloaded and trying your 30 day trial. Very useful tools, great, will
hopefully purchase some day when I get into commercial software and make
some money.

A couple of things with it on my system Win XP Pro, Delphi 7 Pro.

The Project Stats window appears transparent so you can not read easily or
struggle to see any thing.

The Flyout bar does not show any labels on the tabs, and is there an easy
way to undock the windows from the Flyout bar?

Thanks

Andy Vines

Quote
"Jacob Thurman" <ja...@delphi-expert.com> wrote in message

news:3ec182cb@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> We are pleased to announce the availability of Castalia 1.1, the ultimate
> Delphi productivity suite.

> http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia

> Among other things, new features include:
> Completely new Options Dialog
> Added Options to choose hotkey for all navigation toolbar buttons
> Added non-destructive traversal to bookmark stack
> New Error Balloons report the nature of errors
> New on-demand syntax checking
> Fixed bug that prevented use of inherited frames
> Added context-sensitivity features to code templates
> Fixed context-sensitivity issues with code templates
> Added "Total Time" to project statistics
> Added [] support to parenthesis matcher
> Countless trivial tweaks and fixes

> If you're new to Castalia, here are some of the core features:
> Editor Line Numbers
> Navigation Toolbar
> Bookmark Stack
> Structural Highlighting
> Parenthesis Matching
> Live Syntax Checking
> Error Balloons
> Code Templates
> ...and much more!

> http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia

> --
> Jacob Thurman
> Creator of Castalia - The ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite.
> http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia
> Super-Smart Syntax Highlighting
> Fast, powerful code templates
> Code Navigation Facilities you've only dreamed of
> On-the fly syntax checking

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


I have the same problem with no text on the tabs.

You can click on the tab and drag it to undock the window
from the flyout.

I believe the problem w/ the Stats is that it needs to be
updated for XP and the setting ParentBackground needs
to be set to false, as I have the same problem w/ transparent
items in Stats and also in the options dialog.

Regards,
Scott

Quote
"Andy Vines" <andyvi...@amcukfasteners.co.uk> wrote in message

news:3ec214fc@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> Hi Jacob,

> Just downloaded and trying your 30 day trial. Very useful tools, great,
will
> hopefully purchase some day when I get into commercial software and make
> some money.

> A couple of things with it on my system Win XP Pro, Delphi 7 Pro.

> The Project Stats window appears transparent so you can not read easily or
> struggle to see any thing.

> The Flyout bar does not show any labels on the tabs, and is there an easy
> way to undock the windows from the Flyout bar?

> Thanks

> Andy Vines

> "Jacob Thurman" <ja...@delphi-expert.com> wrote in message
> news:3ec182cb@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > We are pleased to announce the availability of Castalia 1.1, the
ultimate
> > Delphi productivity suite.

> > http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia

> > Among other things, new features include:
> > Completely new Options Dialog
> > Added Options to choose hotkey for all navigation toolbar buttons
> > Added non-destructive traversal to bookmark stack
> > New Error Balloons report the nature of errors
> > New on-demand syntax checking
> > Fixed bug that prevented use of inherited frames
> > Added context-sensitivity features to code templates
> > Fixed context-sensitivity issues with code templates
> > Added "Total Time" to project statistics
> > Added [] support to parenthesis matcher
> > Countless trivial tweaks and fixes

> > If you're new to Castalia, here are some of the core features:
> > Editor Line Numbers
> > Navigation Toolbar
> > Bookmark Stack
> > Structural Highlighting
> > Parenthesis Matching
> > Live Syntax Checking
> > Error Balloons
> > Code Templates
> > ...and much more!

> > http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia

> > --
> > Jacob Thurman
> > Creator of Castalia - The ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite.
> > http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia
> > Super-Smart Syntax Highlighting
> > Fast, powerful code templates
> > Code Navigation Facilities you've only dreamed of
> > On-the fly syntax checking

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


Quote
> I have the same problem with no text on the tabs.

> You can click on the tab and drag it to undock the window
> from the flyout.

> I believe the problem w/ the Stats is that it needs to be
> updated for XP and the setting ParentBackground needs
> to be set to false, as I have the same problem w/ transparent
> items in Stats and also in the options dialog.

Actually, Castalia was developed primarily on Windows XP, and I've never
seen this behavior.  Are you doing something unconventional with themes or
something I might not have anticipated?

--
Jacob Thurman
Creator of Castalia - The ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite.
http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia
Super-Smart Syntax Highlighting
Fast, powerful code templates
Code Navigation Facilities you've only dreamed of
On-the fly syntax checking

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


Quote
"Jacob Thurman" <ja...@delphi-expert.com> wrote in message

news:3ec182cb@newsgroups.borland.com...

Quote
> We are pleased to announce the availability of Castalia 1.1, the ultimate
> Delphi productivity suite.

And we thank you!  Keep up the good work.

Regards,
   Steve

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


Perhaps you need to theme Delphi itself, not just be on a XP
machine. This may be the problem, as Delphi is not in 'theme mode'
out of the box.

Scott.

Quote
"Jacob Thurman" <ja...@delphi-expert.com> wrote in message

news:3ec25833$2@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> > I have the same problem with no text on the tabs.

> > You can click on the tab and drag it to undock the window
> > from the flyout.

> > I believe the problem w/ the Stats is that it needs to be
> > updated for XP and the setting ParentBackground needs
> > to be set to false, as I have the same problem w/ transparent
> > items in Stats and also in the options dialog.

> Actually, Castalia was developed primarily on Windows XP, and I've never
> seen this behavior.  Are you doing something unconventional with themes or
> something I might not have anticipated?

> --
> Jacob Thurman
> Creator of Castalia - The ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite.
> http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia
> Super-Smart Syntax Highlighting
> Fast, powerful code templates
> Code Navigation Facilities you've only dreamed of
> On-the fly syntax checking

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


As I recall, there were a number of very good reasons NOT to theme the
Delphi IDE (most notably versions before Delphi 7, but it may apply to
Delphi 7 as well).

This article explains one of the reasons (ImageList stream corruption):
http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,28423,00.html

--
Tim Sullivan
Unlimited Intelligence Limited
http://www.uil.net

Quote
"Scott Martin" <scottmar...@pdq.net> wrote in message

news:3ec261ad$1@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> Perhaps you need to theme Delphi itself, not just be on a XP
> machine. This may be the problem, as Delphi is not in 'theme mode'
> out of the box.

> Scott.

> "Jacob Thurman" <ja...@delphi-expert.com> wrote in message
> news:3ec25833$2@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > > I have the same problem with no text on the tabs.

> > > You can click on the tab and drag it to undock the window
> > > from the flyout.

> > > I believe the problem w/ the Stats is that it needs to be
> > > updated for XP and the setting ParentBackground needs
> > > to be set to false, as I have the same problem w/ transparent
> > > items in Stats and also in the options dialog.

> > Actually, Castalia was developed primarily on Windows XP, and I've never
> > seen this behavior.  Are you doing something unconventional with themes
or
> > something I might not have anticipated?

> > --
> > Jacob Thurman
> > Creator of Castalia - The ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite.
> > http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia
> > Super-Smart Syntax Highlighting
> > Fast, powerful code templates
> > Code Navigation Facilities you've only dreamed of
> > On-the fly syntax checking

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


nice touches!

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


This maybe true, but it helps in design time when setting up
screens to see how they look. Compile and adjust was getting
tedious at times.

Scott.

Quote
"Tim Sullivan" <t...@NO.SPAM.uil.FOR.ME.net> wrote in message

news:3ec26839@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> As I recall, there were a number of very good reasons NOT to theme the
> Delphi IDE (most notably versions before Delphi 7, but it may apply to
> Delphi 7 as well).

> This article explains one of the reasons (ImageList stream corruption):
> http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,28423,00.html

> --
> Tim Sullivan
> Unlimited Intelligence Limited
> http://www.uil.net

> "Scott Martin" <scottmar...@pdq.net> wrote in message
> news:3ec261ad$1@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > Perhaps you need to theme Delphi itself, not just be on a XP
> > machine. This may be the problem, as Delphi is not in 'theme mode'
> > out of the box.

> > Scott.

> > "Jacob Thurman" <ja...@delphi-expert.com> wrote in message
> > news:3ec25833$2@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > > > I have the same problem with no text on the tabs.

> > > > You can click on the tab and drag it to undock the window
> > > > from the flyout.

> > > > I believe the problem w/ the Stats is that it needs to be
> > > > updated for XP and the setting ParentBackground needs
> > > > to be set to false, as I have the same problem w/ transparent
> > > > items in Stats and also in the options dialog.

> > > Actually, Castalia was developed primarily on Windows XP, and I've
never
> > > seen this behavior.  Are you doing something unconventional with
themes
> or
> > > something I might not have anticipated?

> > > --
> > > Jacob Thurman
> > > Creator of Castalia - The ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite.
> > > http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia
> > > Super-Smart Syntax Highlighting
> > > Fast, powerful code templates
> > > Code Navigation Facilities you've only dreamed of
> > > On-the fly syntax checking

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


Just using the standard Blue Lunar XP Theme. No add ons or anything.

Andy

Quote
"Jacob Thurman" <ja...@delphi-expert.com> wrote in message

news:3ec25833$2@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> > I have the same problem with no text on the tabs.

> > You can click on the tab and drag it to undock the window
> > from the flyout.

> > I believe the problem w/ the Stats is that it needs to be
> > updated for XP and the setting ParentBackground needs
> > to be set to false, as I have the same problem w/ transparent
> > items in Stats and also in the options dialog.

> Actually, Castalia was developed primarily on Windows XP, and I've never
> seen this behavior.  Are you doing something unconventional with themes or
> something I might not have anticipated?

> --
> Jacob Thurman
> Creator of Castalia - The ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite.
> http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia
> Super-Smart Syntax Highlighting
> Fast, powerful code templates
> Code Navigation Facilities you've only dreamed of
> On-the fly syntax checking

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


Yeah maybe, but this line makes me think that Delphi 7 should be OK.

"Thus we have opted to wait until the next major release (Delphi/C++Builder
v7.0) to support ComCtrls v6."

Andy Vines

Quote
"Tim Sullivan" <t...@NO.SPAM.uil.FOR.ME.net> wrote in message

news:3ec26839@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> As I recall, there were a number of very good reasons NOT to theme the
> Delphi IDE (most notably versions before Delphi 7, but it may apply to
> Delphi 7 as well).

> This article explains one of the reasons (ImageList stream corruption):
> http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,28423,00.html

> --
> Tim Sullivan
> Unlimited Intelligence Limited
> http://www.uil.net

> "Scott Martin" <scottmar...@pdq.net> wrote in message
> news:3ec261ad$1@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > Perhaps you need to theme Delphi itself, not just be on a XP
> > machine. This may be the problem, as Delphi is not in 'theme mode'
> > out of the box.

> > Scott.

> > "Jacob Thurman" <ja...@delphi-expert.com> wrote in message
> > news:3ec25833$2@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > > > I have the same problem with no text on the tabs.

> > > > You can click on the tab and drag it to undock the window
> > > > from the flyout.

> > > > I believe the problem w/ the Stats is that it needs to be
> > > > updated for XP and the setting ParentBackground needs
> > > > to be set to false, as I have the same problem w/ transparent
> > > > items in Stats and also in the options dialog.

> > > Actually, Castalia was developed primarily on Windows XP, and I've
never
> > > seen this behavior.  Are you doing something unconventional with
themes
> or
> > > something I might not have anticipated?

> > > --
> > > Jacob Thurman
> > > Creator of Castalia - The ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite.
> > > http://www.delphi-expert.com/products/castalia
> > > Super-Smart Syntax Highlighting
> > > Fast, powerful code templates
> > > Code Navigation Facilities you've only dreamed of
> > > On-the fly syntax checking

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


Jacob,

First of all you're doing a great job with Castalia.  I still don't know if
I'm going to purchase since the portions that I find most useful so far
don't really increase my productivity because of the way I code - just
provide a double check for me really.  I am still thinking on it.  That said
I have a few suggestions for you :)

1.  Nit picky really, but in your syntax popup, I think you wanted to use
the word "expected" instead of "excepted".  It's funny how a stupid little
thing like that can make me turn off a feature :)

2.  The syntax balloon gets drawn off the screen so I can't read it when it
pops up near the left edge of the editor.  Another reason I turned it off...

3.  When the Object Inspector is docked to your Flyout bar F11 no longer
seems to pull it up.

4.  The Object Inspector does not seem to remember it's width when it is on
the flyout bar and you restart Delphi.  Then, to reset the width I have to
undock it, size it, and redock it.  It would be best if it remembered it but
it would also be nice if I could resize it while it were docked.

5.  I've had one instance in about 4 restarts where I had windows docked to
the flyout bar and on restart there was no flyout bar, just my stack of
windows with each about 20 pixels wide on the side of the screen where the
flyout was.  I will play with this some more to see what may have caused it
and let you know more if you need.

Thanks Jacob...  I'm off to try the Code Completion stuff today :)

Michael Mount

BTW: I'm using Delphi 5...

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


Quote

> 5.  I've had one instance in about 4 restarts where I had windows docked
to
> the flyout bar and on restart there was no flyout bar, just my stack of
> windows with each about 20 pixels wide on the side of the screen where the
> flyout was.  I will play with this some more to see what may have caused
it
> and let you know more if you need.

I have also had this happen to me. Delphi 7 Pro

Regards

Andy Vines

Re:ANN: Castalia 1.1 - Ultimate Delphi Productivity Suite


Hi Jacob

Delighted as I was to get the newer version, I was a little
disappointed that all of the code templates I'd written up weren't
saved and reloaded when I installed the new version :(

--
Derek Davidson
Enterprise Blue
http://www.enterpriseblue.com

Other Threads