CTL3D property not working

The CTL3D property for a TComboBox does not seem to work.  TCombobox's
always appear sunken.  A quick look through stdctrls.pas shows a
TCustomComboBox.CMCtl3DChanged event so nothings appears disabled.

Does anyone know why?

Re:CTL3D property not working

My impression was that this toggled the use of the CTRL3D dll... not
the actual wether it was 3d or not.

On Wed, 04 Aug 1999 01:40:20 GMT, ni...@ecom.co.nz.NOSPAM (Nigel

Patmore) wrote:
>The CTL3D property for a TComboBox does not seem to work.  TCombobox's
>always appear sunken.  A quick look through stdctrls.pas shows a
>TCustomComboBox.CMCtl3DChanged event so nothings appears disabled.

>Does anyone know why?

Re:CTL3D property not working

<<Liz Kimber:

Patmore) wrote:
>The CTL3D property for a TComboBox does not seem to work.  TCombobox's
>always appear sunken.  A quick look through stdctrls.pas shows a
>TCustomComboBox.CMCtl3DChanged event so nothings appears disabled.

>Does anyone know why? >>

The Ctl3d property is not meaningful to all controls. Standard CheckBoxes and RadioButtons, i.e.
don't have a flat look option in Win32.
That's fair enough, but the delphi documentation is incomplete on this. The same goes for Font.Color
of the TButton. Can be set via the property, but has no effect. This is not documented, either. The
reason the props can't be set lies within the WinAPI, the lack of documentation (or the lack of
effort to sort out the non-functional properties) is Borland's responsibility.
--

Bjoerge

Re:CTL3D property not working

In article <7o80fh$9l...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>, "Dan Leach"

<dleach@#NOSPAM#bigfoot.com> writes:
>I declared an array as - array[0..10] of string;

>Then when I used it I was saying...

>for x:=0 to 11 do mask[x]:='';

>You see, in my opinion Delphi should have picked up on this...

It would have prevented it if you had code it properly as :-

for x:=0 to High(Mask) do mask[x]:='';

 . .  and it would be one less item to forget to change if you ever changed the
size of Mask.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Other Threads