Problems with large source code files (*.pas)

Im building an application where my source code growing over
3.000 lines in the same source file. Its seems like Delphi has
some problem with this large files when it comes up to debugging
and code syntax checks. If the syntax check finds a syntax error
it will not stop at the error line, instead it stops a few lines
above the real error line. How many lines above depends on how far
down in the source code the error is detected. Debugging is even
more difficult to handle. A marked break on a specific line is
not the same lines as Delphi things is marked with a breakpoint.
Its seems like it has something to do with the size on the file.
If somebody knows something about this I would be glad to hear
about it. The size on this problem files is about 110kb.
Im using Delphi 2.0.

//Fredrik

Re:Problems with large source code files (*.pas)

Fredrik Berglund wrote:
> Im building an application where my source code growing over
> 3.000 lines in the same source file. Its seems like Delphi has
> some problem with this large files when it comes up to debugging
> and code syntax checks. If the syntax check finds a syntax error
> it will not stop at the error line, instead it stops a few lines
> above the real error line. How many lines above depends on how far

This is not due to file length, but rather a mismatch between the source
file and the dcu file.  Try these things:  1) rebuild all files.  2)
look for a duplicate file in a different (but included) directory.

Bob Lee

Other Threads