Indy 9.0.3 POP RetrieveHeader Unrecognized POP3 Response

Folks:

Anyone know what is the status on what appears from my testing and
other postings to be a bug in POP.RetrieveHeader (9.0.3-B)?

Under some conditions, RetrieveHeader exceptiions, giving an error:

Exception: Unrecognized POP3 Response Header:"
"

In the test I'm currently running, I've sent 6 identical messages
to a mail server (using Eudora). When I attempt to retrieve headers,
RetrieveHeader gives an exception on every second message (ie:
message 2, 4 and 6).

FWIW, a hex dump of the Exception.Message is:

55 6E 72 65 63 6F 67 6E 69 7A 65 64 20 50 4F
50 33 20 52 65 73 70 6F 6E 73 65 20 48 65 61
64 65 72 3A 0A 22 0D 0A 22

... in which you can see that the colon (3A) is followed by:

LF doublequote CR LF doublequote

Not sure what the first LF is for, but what's between the quotes
suggests that the header parser is getting thrown by a blank line
somewhere.

Needless to say, Eudora is quite happy to read this email, so
not sure why it breaks Indy-POP.

Graham

Graham Wideman
MS MVP for Visio
Books:
Visio 2000 Developer's Survival Guide
Visio 2002 Developer's Survival Pack (with Tools)
... and resources for programmable diagramming at:
http://www.diagramantics.com

Re:Indy 9.0.3 POP RetrieveHeader Unrecognized POP3 Response

Go to   ftp://indy90:ind...@ftp.nevrona.com/
and Download the Last Version of
IDPop3.pas

"Graham Wideman, Visio MVP" <graham...@diagramantics.com.nospam> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:3C9377BA.61B5F996@diagramantics.com.nospam...

> Folks:

> Anyone know what is the status on what appears from my testing and
> other postings to be a bug in POP.RetrieveHeader (9.0.3-B)?

> Under some conditions, RetrieveHeader exceptiions, giving an error:

> Exception: Unrecognized POP3 Response Header:"
> "

> In the test I'm currently running, I've sent 6 identical messages
> to a mail server (using Eudora). When I attempt to retrieve headers,
> RetrieveHeader gives an exception on every second message (ie:
> message 2, 4 and 6).

> FWIW, a hex dump of the Exception.Message is:

> 55 6E 72 65 63 6F 67 6E 69 7A 65 64 20 50 4F
> 50 33 20 52 65 73 70 6F 6E 73 65 20 48 65 61
> 64 65 72 3A 0A 22 0D 0A 22

> ... in which you can see that the colon (3A) is followed by:

> LF doublequote CR LF doublequote

> Not sure what the first LF is for, but what's between the quotes
> suggests that the header parser is getting thrown by a blank line
> somewhere.

> Needless to say, Eudora is quite happy to read this email, so
> not sure why it breaks Indy-POP.

> Graham

> Graham Wideman
> MS MVP for Visio
> Books:
> Visio 2000 Developer's Survival Guide
> Visio 2002 Developer's Survival Pack (with Tools)
> ... and resources for programmable diagramming at:
> http://www.diagramantics.com

Re:Indy 9.0.3 POP RetrieveHeader Unrecognized POP3 Response

Bernd:

Thanks, that did the trick.

Bernd wrote:

> Go to   ftp://indy90:ind...@ftp.nevrona.com/
> and Download the Last Version of
> IDPop3.pas

Graham Wideman
MS MVP for Visio
Books:
Visio 2000 Developer's Survival Guide
Visio 2002 Developer's Survival Pack (with Tools)
... and resources for programmable diagramming at:
http://www.diagramantics.com

Other Threads