Help BDE error $2749

Help,

The BDE on my development machine is giving me an error $2749 when I
print a report that gets its data from a series of queries.  The report
previews OK but when printing, were it gets its data again, this error
occurs.

I have the list of BDE errors from Borland but this one is not in the
list (grrrr).

Does anyone know what it means.

Thanks in advance

Gordon Scrim

Re:Help BDE error $2749

Gordon Scrim wrote in message <3509A3C8.2F084...@lit.tas.edu.au>...
>Help,

>The BDE on my development machine is giving me an error $2749 when I
>print a report that gets its data from a series of queries.  The report
>previews OK but when printing, were it gets its data again, this error
>occurs.

>I have the list of BDE errors from Borland but this one is not in the
>list (grrrr).

>Does anyone know what it means.

Yes, this is the amount of money you have to send to Borland in order
to suppress the message ;-)

Re:Help BDE error $2749

There is a file named bde.int that contains BDE error constants. The error
code is made up of two parts, a category and an error code. For $2749 the
category is invalid reqeust (ERRBASE_INVALIDREQ) and the error code is
multiple results (ERRCODE_MULTIRESULTS).

Hope this helps.

Mark Reynolds

Gordon Scrim <scr...@lit.tas.edu.au> wrote in article
<3509A3C8.2F084...@lit.tas.edu.au>...

> Help,

> The BDE on my development machine is giving me an error $2749 when I
> print a report that gets its data from a series of queries.  The report
> previews OK but when printing, were it gets its data again, this error
> occurs.

> I have the list of BDE errors from Borland but this one is not in the
> list (grrrr).

> Does anyone know what it means.

> Thanks in advance

> Gordon Scrim

Re:Help BDE error $2749

Thanks Mark.

I think I have tracked the problem down to a query component that was having
the SQL property set up twice and not being cleared out in between each
usage.  The error codes you have indicated would make sense in this case.

Funny though because in the past when I have done this sort of this by
accident the BDE has given me an informative message not just an error code.

Anyway things are OK now.

regards

Gordon

Mark Reynolds wrote:
> There is a file named bde.int that contains BDE error constants. The error
> code is made up of two parts, a category and an error code. For $2749 the
> category is invalid reqeust (ERRBASE_INVALIDREQ) and the error code is
> multiple results (ERRCODE_MULTIRESULTS).

> Hope this helps.

> Mark Reynolds

> Gordon Scrim <scr...@lit.tas.edu.au> wrote in article
> <3509A3C8.2F084...@lit.tas.edu.au>...

> > Help,

> > The BDE on my development machine is giving me an error $2749 when I
> > print a report that gets its data from a series of queries.  The report
> > previews OK but when printing, were it gets its data again, this error
> > occurs.

> > I have the list of BDE errors from Borland but this one is not in the
> > list (grrrr).

> > Does anyone know what it means.

> > Thanks in advance

> > Gordon Scrim