Interbase Express in Delphi 5

Hi, can someone explain me more about Interbase Express?
I would like to know if it is Client/Server, and how is the licensing
method. We must pay royaltes for the server? Each time I sell my application
to a customer he must buy a license for the server?

Thanks

Isildo Mendes
rop23...@mail.telepac.pt

Re:Interbase Express in Delphi 5

Interbase Express is merely a set of TDataset-compatible components that
will let you access an Interbase database directly without using the BDE.
Because it's a native interface, you are able to take advantage of
Interbase-specific features that aren't available via the BDE.

You still need Interbase installed with the appropriate licenses.

Dan

Isildo Mendes <rop23...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message

> Hi, can someone explain me more about Interbase Express?
> I would like to know if it is Client/Server, and how is the licensing
> method. We must pay royaltes for the server? Each time I sell my
application
> to a customer he must buy a license for the server?

> Thanks

> Isildo Mendes
> rop23...@mail.telepac.pt

Other Threads