Server objects in Delphi 5

Hi all
I have one more question, this should be easy for some of you.
The server objects in Delphi 5 (i.e TWordApplication) is for Office 97, does
it also work with Office 2000. I am concerned that my users may some day
upgrade there Word 97 to Word 2000, will my application still work?

Please reply at the group as well as at jens.fu...@lpt.dk

Thanks
Jens

Re:Server objects in Delphi 5

Hi Jens,

I'm using office 2000 and there are some differences with Office 97.
As you can see earlier in this newsgroup (search on my name: Filip Lagrou) I
had a routine that worked with Deborah and on the other 97 machines in our
company but it didn't work on Off2000.
I suggest you buy Off.2000 to test your code.
There are too many things to mention, but if you have problems with Off.2000
you can always contact me, because I already had many, many, many, ...
errors with 2000 that I solved.

Good luck,

Filip.

Re:Server objects in Delphi 5

<<Jens Fudge:
The server objects in Delphi 5 (i.e TWordApplication) is for Office
97,
does it also work with Office 2000.

Most of the time, yes - but unfortunately not
always. I'm afraid you really need to test your
code with both versions. :(

--
Deborah Pate

Other Threads