Is Kylix Delphi for Linux?

Is Kylix Delphi for Linux or is it something else, some other programming
language?

Thanks
Please try and help with my other question

--
Thanks
{*word*221} Ducky

Please reply to group or to email
To reply to email remove NOSPAM

Re:Is Kylix Delphi for Linux?

Yes, it is in essence Delphi running in a Linux enviornment. It does
not use the BDE, since that is a Windows app. There is a new database
engine and database system for use with Linux. Applications can be
written in Delphi 6 and compiled in D6 to produce a Windows
executable, or compiled in Kylix to produce a Linux executable.

HTH,
Dan

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:05:21 GMT, "{*word*221} Ducky"

<n...@ayliffe.comNOSPAM> wrote:
>Is Kylix Delphi for Linux or is it something else, some other programming
>language?

>Thanks
>Please try and help with my other question

>--
>Thanks
>{*word*221} Ducky

>Please reply to group or to email