Bugs in Delphi 4.02 ?

I have many forms that is inherit from a "master" form and there is no
problem when using Delphi 4.01.
However, after I upgrade it to Delphi 4.02, an error " Modifcations to
component reportBar where recorded in form Form1 but the ancestor component
waw not found in form master."  is occur.
Therefore, it cannot edit the form but running the program is no problem.
Why?

Re:Bugs in Delphi 4.02 ?

There is a known bug with inheriting forms with a TCoolBar on them.
Inprise has stated they are loking for the best fix at this time for
it.  The only know workaround is to not place them on your parent
forms.  Not a great one I know, but it does get you going again.

Jeff Overcash

Leo wrote:

> I have many forms that is inherit from a "master" form and there is no
> problem when using Delphi 4.01.
> However, after I upgrade it to Delphi 4.02, an error " Modifcations to
> component reportBar where recorded in form Form1 but the ancestor component
> waw not found in form master."  is occur.
> Therefore, it cannot edit the form but running the program is no problem.
> Why?

Re:Bugs in Delphi 4.02 ?

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:38:48 +0800, Leo wrote:
>I have many forms that is inherit from a "master" form and there is no
>problem when using Delphi 4.01.
>However, after I upgrade it to Delphi 4.02, an error " Modifcations to
>component reportBar where recorded in form Form1 but the ancestor component
>waw not found in form master."  is occur.
>Therefore, it cannot edit the form but running the program is no problem.
>Why?

You'll get better exposure to your question if you post it in the
appropriate newsgroup; in this case, that would be
borland.public.delphi.ide.

sig://boB/TeamB

Other Threads