SQL-ORACLE longdate format?

Hi...
I got some problems using the long date format on Oracle Databases...
I wanted to select a DATE-field by using the following SQL-Script:

select DATEFIELD from TABLENAME where DATEFIELD > '02.02.1998'

SQL selects nothing! But if i use the short-date format:

select DATEFIELD from TABLENAME where DATEFIELD > '02.02.98'

SQL selects all entries that match the select (even the entries 2005...
aso.)

OK.... anyone knows how to use the LONGDATE-FORMAT to gain data on
ORACLE?

                      Dantoon

Re:SQL-ORACLE longdate format?

CSB wrote in message <35BC41BD.AC4B...@itbnet.de>...
>Hi...
>I got some problems using the long date format on Oracle Databases...
>I wanted to select a DATE-field by using the following SQL-Script:

>select DATEFIELD from TABLENAME where DATEFIELD > '02.02.1998'

Try this
where DATEFIELD > TO_DATE('02.02.1998', 'DD.MM.YYYY');

        -- Kirk

Other Threads