REQ: Turbo Vision Tutorial

        I'm interesting in programming in Turbo Vision.  The DOCs don't really
explain it too well, I would like to see some commented code/tutorial on all
the features of pascal.  Nothing big, just a menu with some dialogs boxes.
Thanx in advance.

-Chris Thompson (n...@asis.com)

Re:REQ: Turbo Vision Tutorial

In article <4kv51j$...@news.wco.com> n...@asis.com (NiteShadow) writes:
>        I'm interesting in programming in Turbo Vision.  The DOCs don't
>really explain it too well, I would like to see some commented code/
>tutorial on all the features of pascal.  Nothing big, just a menu with some
>dialogs boxes.
>Thanx in advance.
>-Chris Thompson (n...@asis.com)

Have you looked more closely at the manuals?  There should be a walkthrough
on getting started with TV that does a pretty good job of demonstrating all
the little bits that make up an application.  Other than that, I'm not aware
of any TV tutorials.

Also, if you're not familiar with OOP (or you don't even know what OOP is),
then learn that first before you start trying to work with TV!  It's a
somewhat different programming convention, and without knowing how it works,
you'll most likely be lost.

--
Scott F. Earnest           | We now return you to our regularly scheduled
sc...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu | chaos and mayhem. . . .

Re:REQ: Turbo Vision Tutorial

In message <scott.255.0000C...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu> -
sc...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu (Scott F. Earnest)Tue, 16 Apr 1996 00:45:47 writes:
:>
[...]

        I know what OOP is, but in fact, I don't have the manuals right now, and I
was looking for some code to help me start.  I have some code from DDPLUS 7.1,
but that only shows how to do radio buttons.  If anyone has some simple code,
I would like to look at it, thanx.

NiteShadow (n...@asis.com) wrote:

: In message <scott.255.0000C...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu> -
: sc...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu (Scott F. Earnest)Tue, 16 Apr 1996 00:45:47 writes:
: :>
: :>In article <4kv51j$...@news.wco.com> n...@asis.com (NiteShadow) writes:
: :>>        I'm interesting in programming in Turbo Vision.  The DOCs don't
: :>>really explain it too well, I would like to see some commented code/
: :>>tutorial on all the features of pascal.  Nothing big, just a menu with some
: :>>dialogs boxes.

[ snip ]

: :>Have you looked more closely at the manuals?  There should be a walkthrough
: :>on getting started with TV that does a pretty good job of demonstrating all
: :>the little bits that make up an application.  Other than that, I'm not aware
: :>of any TV tutorials.

[ snip ]
: but that only shows how to do radio buttons.  If anyone has some simple code,
: I would like to look at it, thanx.

I have learned TV from the manuals, helpsystem and the RTL.
I didn't need the RTL until I needed some more complicated things.

If you really need source you can look in the RTL (ok, it's not commented
but you learn alot by try to examine the proc. and func.'s :-) ).

You can also try to get ned3.zip from ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas
(I think it's called so and lies there. Look in the turbo* dirs).
It's a new TEditor with commented source.

But my best tip is to get the manuals and the examplefiles.
You *do* got the manuals right? ;-)

/Jonas
| Who? Me?: Jonas Steverud                         | If All is One,      |
| EMail...: d4jo...@dtek.chalmers.se               |  is then One All?   |
| Home....: http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/%7Ed4jonas |                     |