TSession in a TThread

Hello

We are trying to create a thread for database-fetching for a lot of records
(and a lot of fields).

In the thread a separate TSession and TDatabase are created: this works fine
but sometimes when the thread is still running other queries with another
TDatabase component (without TSession) stop responding (until  the thread
has finished)

Has someone an idea how to fix this without adding a second TSession? (Would
require filling Session property of a few thousands queries)

We are using Oracle 8.0.5 with BDE 5.10 and Delphi 5.

Please mail me when you have any idea or solution
Greetings

Stefan Cruysberghs
stefa...@mail.dma.be

Re:TSession in a TThread

<<Has someone an idea how to fix this without adding a second TSession?

You need to create a tSession for each TDatabase and a local directory for
each one also.

You can look at our AstabDEServer example to show how to do all this
www.astatech.com

--
Steve Garland sgarl...@astatech.com
Code it once with ASTA and run it anywhere.

Other Threads