*** HELP Application Error/Exception EDBengine error ***

Hi fellow Delphi gurus's

I have built an delphi application which works successfully under the
win95
operating
system and majority of the NT platforms, but on one NT PC i get the
following error,thus:

Exception EDBEngine Error in the module xyz.exe at 0008F402, AN ERROR
HAS
OCCURRED ATTEMPTING TO INITIALISE THE bde ENGINE (ERROR $3e06),
does anyone know why this may occurr, the only thing that is different
on
this PC is the
ODBC settings, this machine has Ingres II settings in the ODBC, can
someone
tell me:

1. is ingres II settings compatiable with Delphi 4 (client/server)

2. do i need to change anything when i am building it using Express
software...

        Every bit of help much appreciated...thanks in advance...indy

Re:*** HELP Application Error/Exception EDBengine error ***

"Inderjit s Gabrie" <igab...@salyut.mis.gla.ac.uk> skrev i melding

> Hi fellow Delphi gurus's

> I have built an delphi application which works successfully under the
> win95
> operating
> system and majority of the NT platforms, but on one NT PC i get the
> following error,thus:

> Exception EDBEngine Error in the module xyz.exe at 0008F402, AN ERROR
> HAS
> OCCURRED ATTEMPTING TO INITIALISE THE bde ENGINE (ERROR $3e06),

"Can not load language driver" is the text representation of $3E06.
This means that the BDE isn't properly installed on this PC. If you compare
files and registry settings (the language drivers have extensions .BLL or
.BTL, I guess), you may find it. Or - just reinstall the BDE.

--
Bjoerge Saether
Consultant / Developer

Re:*** HELP Application Error/Exception EDBengine error ***

Did you have administrator right on the Window NT PC when you installed the
BDE ?

"Inderjit s Gabrie" <igab...@salyut.mis.gla.ac.uk> schreef in bericht

> Hi fellow Delphi gurus's

> I have built an delphi application which works successfully under the
> win95
> operating
> system and majority of the NT platforms, but on one NT PC i get the
> following error,thus:

> Exception EDBEngine Error in the module xyz.exe at 0008F402, AN ERROR
> HAS
> OCCURRED ATTEMPTING TO INITIALISE THE bde ENGINE (ERROR $3e06),
> does anyone know why this may occurr, the only thing that is different
> on
> this PC is the
> ODBC settings, this machine has Ingres II settings in the ODBC, can
> someone
> tell me:

> 1. is ingres II settings compatiable with Delphi 4 (client/server)

> 2. do i need to change anything when i am building it using Express
> software...

>         Every bit of help much appreciated...thanks in advance...indy

Other Threads