BHOs can cause ActiveX in IE raise DAX error

2004-07-10 11:44:36 AM
delphi144
Hi,
I'm writing activex control and use it in IE. But i found that some BHOs
can cause ActiveX raise DAX Error, and i can't catch that exception in my
source code.
To test this, I install an BHO program, Philip LightFrame 3 - software to
use Philip monitor's LightFrams function, this software has a BHO to hook
some IE message(BTW: our customers has diffent kinds of BHOs, but meet the
same problem).
I called javascript "window.open" to open a new window to show my ActiveX
control, first time the popup window show normally, but second time open
popup window, a DAX Error raised, may be "System Error. Code: 1400. Invalid
handle....", or "Access violation at address 07673C82 in module Test.ocx.
Read of address 00000000.". Sometime i use some tools(like BHODemon)
disabled that BHO, everything is fine, but sometime even this not works.
How can i make my ActiveX work normally?
Thanks for any help.
Kevin

Re:BHOs can cause ActiveX in IE raise DAX error

Even a simplest activex form or ativex control has the same problem, no any
more code added.
i try create a simplest activex form using VB, and use it in IE, no error
raised, IE just crashed!

Re:BHOs can cause ActiveX in IE raise DAX error

What's a BHO?