OpenDialog inside a panel

2004-04-27 05:05:11 AM
delphi1
Hello,
Is there a way to put the windows open dialog in a panel? I mean, I do not want a new "pop-up" window shown in my application. I want all open window funcionalities available in a restrict area of a panel. Is that possible?
Thanks in advance. Anything, any tip will be very, very helpull!
Rocha.

Re:OpenDialog inside a panel

Author := "Rocha";
| Is there a way to put the windows open dialog in a panel? I mean, I
| do not want a new "pop-up" window shown in my application. I want all
| open window funcionalities available in a restrict area of a panel.
| Is that possible?
I seriously doubt it. I think that a modal dialog has a different
message loop than a non-modal form (popup or child) so an embedded
dialog would not function correctly.
Why don't you create a panel with the same functionality as an open
dialog and use it in any form you want? Use either ShellControls by
Borland or a third-party shell control suite. I recommend Jim
Kueneman's VirtualShellTools: www.mustangpeak.net
--
Constantine