Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

2005-09-28 02:47:26 AM
delphi90
Tom Corey writes:
Because it is fun to say "Zulu"? That'd be my reason.
LOL.
Actually, Gill researched it, and according to the sources he found
"Zulu" was "more standard". We're switching to UTC now because I hate
it when Simon is annoyed with something ;)
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

Simon Kissel writes:
It would be MUCH better if you'd write UTC/GMT instead of "Z".
BTW, Gill poked back at you: "well, tell him to put it in QC and i'll
respond :)"
But we'll get it done shortly.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it is not here, it is not happening: ec.borland.com

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

Let's call it... Casablanca Time!
"We'll always have Casablanca"

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

Hmmm..my watch says it is "beer-thirty". Of course, my watch always says it's
beer-thirty!
~J. Lee
Because it is fun to say "Zulu"? That'd be my reason.

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

Simon Kissel writes:

After each of those events we had, we always had lots of people complaining
they missed it due to date miscalculations.

I was one of them a few times, already, too ;)

So yes, I think everything that is possible should be done to make
those date announcements as clear as possible...
I tried to check the EventCentral for the first time. There seemdto be
an option to select your own time zone. Did it then show the dates and
times in my local zone ? I just couldn't figure it out for sure.
And *please* make on option to use the 24hr clock. Us Europeans don't
understand anything about the AM/PM thingy.
--
David S.
Delphi programming : www.borland.com/delphi/

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

AM stands for "After Midnight", PM stands for "Past Midnight,"
and it is always midnight somewhere...
P.S. I am kidding. Seriously, I am.

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,33333,00.html
If it wouldn't be that late here in Germany, a live audio stream would
be pretty cool I guess.
Ok, there is a "Delphi Code Camp" and an evening event tomorrow evening,
but who knows how long we will be awake.
;-))
Best Regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer
LogManager Series - Logging/Auditing Suites supporting
InterBase, Firebird, Advantage Database, MS SQL Server and
NexusDB V2 (NEW!)
Upscene Productions
www.upscene.com

David Smith writes:
And *please* make on option to use the 24hr clock. Us Europeans don't
understand anything about the AM/PM thingy.
Don't put all Europeans in one sack!
I do understand, this is what it means:
AM = Amplitude Modulated
PM is a typo, should be FM = Frequency Modulated
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

TObject writes:
AM stands for "After Midnight", PM stands for "Past Midnight,"
:-)))
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

"David Smith" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
And *please* make on option to use the 24hr clock. Us Europeans don't
understand anything about the AM/PM thingy.
Too true. I schedule meetings for 11:59 AM rather than work out if midday is
12:00 AM, 12:00PM, 0:00AM or whatever...
- Roddy

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

"Anders Ohlsson (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,33333,00.html
From other sources it appears that this roadmap involves using FastMM in
DeXter. Are there plans to improve on FastMM instead of just using it as it
is?
The reason I ask this is that while we've enjoyed the speed increase that
FastMM affords us, we are not too impressed with the resulting reliability
when using DLL's in a high-stress multi-threaded server with FastMM4.

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
We're switching to UTC now
Dang.. Z (ie the bot, not the time zone) always uses "GMT".
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
Agreed. Will make this change ASAP.
Isn't it possible to show local times with ahem.. cough.. JavaScript?
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

And please make on option to use the 24hr clock. Us Europeans don't
understand anything about the AM/PM thingy.
Must be confusing as heck deciphering all those clock towers (e.g. Big
Ben) <g>.
-Jim

Re: BDNradio: DeXter and Delphi Roadmap

"Captain Jake" wrote

The reason I ask this is that while we've enjoyed the speed increase that
FastMM affords us, we are not too impressed with the resulting reliability
when using DLL's in a high-stress multi-threaded server with FastMM4.
Hmmm--first comment I have seen along this line--I thought multi-threading
performance was specifically one of the improvement areas that FastMM was
supposed to provide. Are you using the latest version? You get anything
(comments/fixes) from the author?
bobD