Using of activex components designed for visual basic

2003-11-25 12:45:51 AM
delphi68
Hi,
I'm testing the implementation of a third party programming library with
delphi 7. My problem is:
The library is designed and documented for the usage with visual basic. The
third party vendor supports only the usage with vb. I'd prefer to use
delphi.
I was already able to implement and use one of the components. With other
components
I have still problems (error-messages because of invalid memory allocation).
My questions are:
1. Can I run into problems by using activex components under delphi that are
designed for visual
basic or should activex provide full compatability?
2. In the documentation I have found the following description for the
implementation of
a non-visual component:
"This component may be added to a VB(Visual Basic) project by selecting Project-References
then in the References dialog select "...". No icon will appear on your
form. You may access this library by dimensioning a new variable as one of
the following interfaces defined in the component library."
How can I get access to it under delphi? (I can not find it in the activex
import-list under components|import activex .)
thanks in advance

Re:Using of activex components designed for visual basic

<<O. Keller:
1. Can I run into problems by using activex components
under delphi that are designed for visual basic or should
activex provide full compatability?

It should provide full compatibility. In practice there are
occasional glitches, but more often with activex controls
than with simple automation objects, which these seem to
be.
<<O.
How can I get access to it under delphi? (I can not find it
in the activex import-list under components|import activex
)

Use the Project | Import type library menu instead.
--
Deborah Pate (TeamB) delphi-jedi.org
TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs