Re: Icon previewer

2006-04-06 12:01:00 AM
delphi53
That looks nice, though its lack of development is a pity. Can you get
more icons onto the screen at once? That is, reduce the size of the
borders on the icons?
/Matthew Jones/

Re: Icon previewer

Matthew,
| Different type of product.
Yeah, that is what I thought.
If you run across a good package please let us know.
04/05/2006 10:05:54
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Icon previewer

Sam,
| Look no further than Picto from
| www.scip.be/index.php
|
| I have been using it and its great for bitmaps, icons, jpegs etc. and
| there is a simple editor and convertor so you can convert from one to
| the other as create TImage, TImageList, TSpeedButton etc so you can
| directly paste it into Delphi. It will also extract icons from .exe
| files and resource files. it is written in Delphi of course. :)
Do you know if source code comes with registration? I notice that it
apparently doesn't "do" .png format.
04/05/2006 10:29:35
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Icon previewer

Matthew,
[Redux]
| I am currently using "Scott's Glyph Viewer", but it has some issues
| that make it painful.
What issues does it have that are "painful" for you?
04/05/2006 10:33:29
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Icon previewer

Things like when you click on a 24x24 directory, it still only shows 16x16
dimensions, so you change that and it has to refresh everything. And when
you have lots of icons, that all takes time.
/Matthew Jones/

Re: Icon previewer

Q Correll writes:
If you run across a good package please let us know.
Yip us too (ie me :) ). I also use Scots and have a few situations
where it hangs etc but there is nothing that I have found which does
the same thing. What Scots is missing is the Copy File Path option.
Cheers
Dean

Re: Icon previewer

Q Correll writes:
Sam,

| Look no further than Picto from
| www.scip.be/index.php
|
| I have been using it and its great for bitmaps, icons, jpegs etc. and
| there is a simple editor and convertor so you can convert from one to
| the other as create TImage, TImageList, TSpeedButton etc so you can
| directly paste it into Delphi. It will also extract icons from .exe
| files and resource files. it is written in Delphi of course. :)

Do you know if source code comes with registration? I notice that it
apparently doesn't "do" .png format.

I'm not sure. you will have to ask the author. His email is XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Sam

Re: Icon previewer

Matthew Jones writes:
That looks nice, though its lack of development is a pity. Can you get
more icons onto the screen at once? That is, reduce the size of the
borders on the icons?

/Matthew Jones/
Yes, you can get more icons on the screen. The icon portion of the
window is resizeable and you can right click on the window and use Quick
Options to resize the display of the icons down to 16x16 if you like and
there are intermediate sizes as well.
You can download the software and try it for free for as long as you
want (a dumb idea if you ask me). If you like it you are expected to pay
a small donation. I guess not enough people were paying so that is why
the author stopped development on it.
Sam

Re: Icon previewer

Dean,
| What Scots is missing is the Copy File Path option.
Does it handle .png files?
04/06/2006 08:02:12
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Icon previewer

Matthew,
| Things like when you click on a 24x24 directory, it still only shows
| 16x16 dimensions, so you change that and it has to refresh
| everything. And when you have lots of icons, that all takes time.
Thanks.
04/06/2006 08:05:12
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Icon previewer

Sam,
| I am not sure. you will have to ask the author. His email is
| XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Thanks.
04/06/2006 08:05:30
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Icon previewer

I've now tried it, and it is indeed a worthy tool in the developer
toolkit.
/Matthew Jones/

Re: Icon previewer

Aside from Picto (which I want to call Pingu!) it is the best there is
though, and these are niggles rather than fatal. Picto looks like it might
take over though.
/Matthew Jones/

Re: Icon previewer

No.
/Matthew Jones/

Re: Icon previewer

Matthew Jones writes:
I've now tried it, and it is indeed a worthy tool in the developer
toolkit.
It's been a while since I used this tool. I have 4.51. I remember that
after continual use, switching between directorys, editing, etc, I would
have a lockup, crash, freeze or such. can not rightly remember now. I still
keep it, just have to restart it now and then. Anyone have the same
experience?
--
John

Re: Icon previewer

Matthew,
Thanks.
04/07/2006 09:07:09
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Icon previewer

Matthew,
| Picto looks like it might take over though.
Probably only takes some continued occasional maintenance updates to
stay up with the changes. At least until Vista comes along. <g>
04/07/2006 09:08:41
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]