Re: Memory leak detection #2

2006-11-12 02:15:42 AM
delphi205
Bob D writes:
Is it possible to check only for my PAS files leaks?
I believe uysing fastmm you can register the leaks you know may occurr
and then you will see only your own.
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re: Memory leak detection #2

Hello,
Im also looking for a Memory leak detection software for Delphi project but
I want to check only for my project leaks. All leak detection projects
detects leaks to included components like Raize, Tms etc.
Is it possible to check only for my PAS files leaks?
Thanks

Re: Memory leak detection #2

Hi Bob!
Im also looking for a Memory leak detection software for Delphi project
but I want to check only for my project leaks. All leak detection projects
detects leaks to included components like Raize, Tms etc.
I have such a tool. If you do build your project using packages,
you are able to filter allocations by package, e.g. only tracing
allocations of objects which class is defined in package xyz.dpk
Although it is still in beta, it has been thorouhly tested already.
All you need to do is to include two units and add one line of
code to intialize it.
If you like, you can download it within the next days on my webpage
www.delphi-online.at
And if you do like it, there's an early bird offer ;-) to buy it for
79,- euro. The demo has a limitation in the number of allocations
you can trace.
regards
stefan

Re: Memory leak detection #2

I dont build my project using packages :(
"Stefan Meisner" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hi Bob!

>Im also looking for a Memory leak detection software for Delphi project
>but I want to check only for my project leaks. All leak detection
>projects detects leaks to included components like Raize, Tms etc.

I have such a tool. If you do build your project using packages,
you are able to filter allocations by package, e.g. only tracing
allocations of objects which class is defined in package xyz.dpk
Although it is still in beta, it has been thorouhly tested already.
All you need to do is to include two units and add one line of
code to intialize it.
If you like, you can download it within the next days on my webpage
www.delphi-online.at

And if you do like it, there's an early bird offer ;-) to buy it for
79,- euro. The demo has a limitation in the number of allocations
you can trace.

regards
stefan

Re: Memory leak detection #2

Im also looking for a Memory leak detection software for Delphi project
but I want to check only for my project leaks. All leak detection projects
detects leaks to included components like Raize, Tms etc.
Just as an aside, are you discovering leaks in the included components
that you are using? Or, are you simply interested in isolating your
testing?
Obviously, I am most interested in any issues you may have had with
Raize Components. We do conduct tests for memory leaks, and
currently we are not aware of any. If you are running into an issue,
please let us know by sending details to our support email.
Ray

Re: Memory leak detection #2

Bob D writes:
It was en exampe, I dont mean Raize has leaks.
But I remember in some test in the past with Raize Tools v3 I had
some leaks produced inside Raize pas files. I will check it again
a very common example is the indy components that have a known
reporting leak in them, but its apparently supposed to do that - its
even commented in the code.
--

"Ray Konopka" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>Im also looking for a Memory leak detection software for Delphi project
>but I want to check only for my project leaks. All leak detection
>projects detects leaks to included components like Raize, Tms etc.

Just as an aside, are you discovering leaks in the included components
that you are using? Or, are you simply interested in isolating your
testing?

Obviously, I am most interested in any issues you may have had with
Raize Components. We do conduct tests for memory leaks, and
currently we are not aware of any. If you are running into an issue,
please let us know by sending details to our support email.

Ray

--
Ray Konopka
Raize Software, Inc.

Re: Memory leak detection #2

Hi Bob!
I dont build my project using packages :(

>I have such a tool. If you do build your project using packages,
>you are able to filter allocations by package, e.g. only tracing
You are also able to filter allocations by classname, leaving out
any traces for e.g. TStringList. Probably I will apply a more so-
phisticated filter, e.g. leaving out using a mask as in TFoo*
Regards
Stefan
www.delphi-online.at

Re: Memory leak detection #2

Bob D a formul?la demande :
Hello,

Im also looking for a Memory leak detection software for Delphi project but I
want to check only for my project leaks. All leak detection projects detects
leaks to included components like Raize, Tms etc.

Is it possible to check only for my PAS files leaks?

Thanks
I used Memcheck (v.mahon.free.fr/pro/freeware/memcheck/) very
easy and ... simple !
Site : www.mesnews.net