H&M message center--reproduce that in Delphi

2007-12-05 08:27:10 AM
delphi8
I really like H&M's Message Center--it looks like an HTML page, appears very
nice, but isn't--I would like to reproduce something similar in my
application. Anyone know how to achieve that easily?

Re:H&M message center--reproduce that in Delphi

"Ed Dressel" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I really like H&M's Message Center
Which is what exactly?
I would like to reproduce something similar in my application.
Anyone know how to achieve that easily?
It is hard to reproduce something without first knowing more about the
original.
Gambit

Re:H&M message center--reproduce that in Delphi

sorry--many people here us H&M. Here is a print screen:
www.TBInc.com/files/HNMMsgCenter.jpg
and a second one that shows how text is selected:
www.TBInc.com/files/HNMMsgCenter2.jpg
No popup menu when right-clicking, copying data does not copy formattting.

Re:H&M message center--reproduce that in Delphi

"Ed Dressel" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
sorry--many people here us H&M. Here is a print screen:
How do you know it is not using HTML?
The easiest way to find out is to simply look at the class names of the
window's controls using Spy++ or similar tool.
No popup menu when right-clicking
An application that embeds a web browser can disable the popup menu.
Gambit

Re:H&M message center--reproduce that in Delphi

"Ed Dressel" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
sorry--many people here us H&M. Here is a print screen:
That type of display could also be made using a RichEdit control with an
image inserted at the beginning of the text, and then format the actual text
for paragraphs and coloring as needed. RichEdit v2+ supports hyperlinks as
well.
Gambit

Ed Dressel writes:
sorry--many people here us H&M. Here is a print screen:

www.TBInc.com/files/HNMMsgCenter.jpg
Looks like they're using RichView:
www.trichview.com
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re:H&M message center--reproduce that in Delphi

I always figured it was PBear's HTML Viewer. it is what I use in my apps
for similar things. And all very controllable too.
/Matthew Jones/

Re:H&M message center--reproduce that in Delphi

I always figured it was PBear's HTML Viewer. it is what I use in my apps
for similar things. And all very controllable too.
I'm pretty sure that is what it is..
John McTaggart

Re:H&M message center--reproduce that in Delphi

How do you know it is not using HTML?
my hint was cutting and pasting into Word looses formatting.

Re:H&M message center--reproduce that in Delphi

"Ed Dressel" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
my hint was cutting and pasting into Word looses formatting.
That doesn't mean that HTML is not being used. The app could simply be
filtering what data formats are stored on the clipboard.
Gambit

Re:H&M message center--reproduce that in Delphi

>I always figured it was PBear's HTML Viewer. it is what I use in my apps
>for similar things. And all very controllable too.
It is THtmlViewer from www.pbear.com
That generic viewer window is used for several tasks. It is used for the
welcome screen with a dynamically created HTML page, the project and compile
reports (also dynamic) and for the newsfeed which is read directly from our
website. A tiny XML reader with XSLT conversion does the newsfeed and the
version comparison.
--
Alexander Halser
EC Software GmbH - www.ec-software.com