versions of midas.dll?

2005-06-03 11:17:05 PM
delphi257
Dear all,
I have an app that requires midas.dll.
It works fine under win2000.
For one user running NT4 he gets an error saying "error loading midas.dll".
Are there different versions of midas.dll for different window versions? If
so where do I get one that works with NT4.
regards
--
John Evans
Managing Director

Re:versions of midas.dll?

John Evans writes:
For one user running NT4 he gets an error saying "error loading
midas.dll".
You probably don't have the type library registed on his machine. Use
regsvr to do that.

Re:versions of midas.dll?

Dear Craig,
thanks for the tip. I have no idea what regsvr is, how exactly do I
use it?
regards
John
"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>wrote
in message news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

John Evans writes:
thanks for the tip. I have no idea what regsvr is, how
exactly do I use it?
Type regsvr32 and then the DLL name at the command prompt.
Most installers also have a "register ActiveX control" action which
will do the same thing.
Want to help make Delphi and InterBase better? Use QC!
qc.borland.com -- Vote for important issues

Re:versions of midas.dll?

Open a command prompt and navigate to the System32 directory. Enter the
command
regsvr32.exe midas.dll
You should get a message that the server has been registered.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>John Evans writes:
>
>>For one user running NT4 he gets an error saying "error loading
>>midas.dll".
>
>You probably don't have the type library registed on his machine.
>Use regsvr to do that.
>
>--
>Craig Stuntz [TeamB] . Vertex Systems Corp. . Columbus, OH
>Delphi/InterBase Weblog : blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz

Re:versions of midas.dll?

Dear Guys,
thanks very much
John