Call RemoteDatamodule Destroy from RemoteDatamodule

2004-07-01 03:51:08 PM
delphi34
Hello,
I have a 3-tier applicatoin using Interbase Database. I have the following
problem:
I have implemented a call-back in my remote data module to check if the
client application is alive.
(Sometimes it might be closed abnormally i.e. someone killed the client from
teh task manager).
What I want to do is when I decide that the client is not alive to destroy
the Remote Data Module.
Is it a good idea to call RemoteDataModuleDestroy internal from the
RemoteDataModule?
I would appreciate any help in this direction.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Ivan slavev
--
Ivan slavev
Info Partner Ltd.

Re:Call RemoteDatamodule Destroy from RemoteDatamodule

HI Ivan. I once had a similar interest. I tried various ideas, and asked
this question at least twice. Unfortunatly I was unable to resolve this
problem successfully and gave up. I will watch this thread with interest.
Ideally, if your cleint is terminated, then the Instance will also be
terminated.
However: We all know that orphaned connections are a reality, and I dont
know that anyone has yet come up with a viable solution to this problem.
Good luck,
Tony
"Ivan slavev" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes