IB 2007 Features

2007-08-18 03:44:46 AM
delphi113
I know with IB 7.x that the features where not the same between Windows
and Linux. How about IB 2007, specifically multi-instance.
Thanks.
--
Thomas Miller
Chrome Portal Project Manager

Re:IB 2007 Features

Thomas Miller writes:
I know with IB 7.x that the features where not the same between
Windows and Linux. How about IB 2007, specifically multi-instance.
Multi-instance works for me on Linux.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:IB 2007 Features

Thomas Miller writes:
I know with IB 7.x that the features where not the same between Windows
and Linux. How about IB 2007, specifically multi-instance.

Thanks.

I have not noticed anything significant -- that I can recall. There
has been trouble with UDF's -- but maybe I have not generated the db
correctly. I have to resolve that yet -- and I have only used the trial
version. All the production work is in 7.5.1
--
Will R
PMC Consulting

Re:IB 2007 Features

All new features introduced in InterBase 7.x and in 2007 are available
in all platforms.
Thomas Miller writes:
I know with IB 7.x that the features where not the same between Windows
and Linux. How about IB 2007, specifically multi-instance.

Thanks.

Re:IB 2007 Features

Is there a white paper on setting up multi-instance on Linux. And just
double checking, the IB 2007 for Linux will use multiple cores? If so,
how many? I know at one time SS was restricted to two. Thanks.

--

Thomas Miller writes:
Is there a white paper on setting up multi-instance on Linux. And
just double checking, the IB 2007 for Linux will use multiple cores?
It will use as many as you buy licenses for. You get one core with the
server license, additional cores are priced at 1/2 of a CPU license,
IIRC.
How to ask questions the smart way: