Starting the server

2006-04-04 05:07:27 AM
delphi249
Hi everybody.
How can I start de IB server by command line on windows environment?
Thanks.
Damian.

Re:Starting the server

Damian writes:

Hi everybody.

How can I start de IB server by command line on windows environment?

Thanks.
Damian.
Try
net start ibg_gds_db
to start the InterBase guardian. I believe that is the correct service
name but I cannot check because I have IB installed as a named instance.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Starting the server

Bill Todd writes:
net start ibg_gds_db

to start the InterBase guardian. I believe that is the correct service
name but I cannot check because I have IB installed as a named
instance.
Look up the instance of the server in the services list, then put the
whole thing in double quotes, e.g.:
net start "InterBase 7.5 gds_db Guardian"
There are other names you can use, but that one is the simplest to
explain.
Want to help make Delphi and InterBase better? Use QC!
qc.borland.com -- Vote for important issues

Re:Starting the server

Bill and Craig have given the best answers here, but I will give another
alternative. Their solutions run the server as a service. You can run it
as an application by running ibguard -a or ibserver -a.
Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:
Bill Todd writes:

>net start ibg_gds_db
>
>to start the InterBase guardian. I believe that is the correct service
>name but I cannot check because I have IB installed as a named
>instance.

Look up the instance of the server in the services list, then put the
whole thing in double quotes, e.g.:

net start "InterBase 7.5 gds_db Guardian"

There are other names you can use, but that one is the simplest to
explain.

Re:Starting the server

btw
you can found the intebase instances in regsitry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE\Borland\Interbase\Servers
and the names of the services for using netstart:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\IBS_gds_*
on the node DisplayName for example "InterBase 7.5 Server gds_75"
so it is easy to write a small for example a delphi programm to check
and start stop or waht ever you like
net start can be access from delphi with the unit shellapi or
a other great unit
wich can be found here: www.chami.com/tips/delphi/031598D.html
cu daniel magin
CTO better office