Delphi 6 freezes when I close

2004-07-15 08:40:32 AM
delphi8
If I close or even just open a different project (doesn't matter which one), Delphi 6 freezes on me. I just installed this today and am running Windows 2000. I was running Delphi 3 and 4 previously and have used Delphi for about 10 years. I can not figure out what could be causing this.

Re:Delphi 6 freezes when I close

On 14 Jul 2004, "FrankHunter1313" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
If I close or even just open a different project (doesn't matter which
one), Delphi 6 freezes on me. I just installed this today and am
running Windows 2000. I was running Delphi 3 and 4 previously and
have used Delphi for about 10 years. I can not figure out what could be
causing this.
Whenever I run into weird problems like this I like to use the free
tools from www.sysinternals.com to see what kind of activity
might be happening while it is frozen. In this case try the file
monitoring utility. It shows what files are being read or written and
by what program. The registry monitoring program is also useful.
--
-Mike (TeamB)