Priority for Borlnad-New,Upgrades & Software assurance

2003-12-30 02:15:05 PM
delphi263
Delphi 8 could have been ordered either by a new user as an uograde or through software assurance.My reseller in India told me that software assurance(i have bought software assurance with delphi 7 in Oct 2003) & upgrades have lesser priority than new users & hence iwill receive Delphi 8 from Singapore only in mId Jan.I find that a person from australia has already received it from Singapore by courier.
I am curious to know whether this is true.Is this the same case in other parts of the world
Venkatesh

Re:Priority for Borlnad-New,Upgrades & Software assurance

"Venkatesh VT" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Delphi 8 could have been ordered either by a new user as an uograde or
through software assurance.My reseller in India told me that software
assurance(i have bought software assurance with delphi 7 in Oct 2003) &
upgrades have lesser priority than new users & hence iwill receive Delphi 8
from Singapore only in mId Jan.I find that a person from australia has
already received it from Singapore by courier.
I am curious to know whether this is true.Is this the same case in other
parts of the world
You should contact the Borland office in India. I really don't know what
your reseller is talking about.
--
David Intersimone "David I"
VP, Developer Relations and Chief Evangelist

Re:Priority for Borlnad-New,Upgrades & Software assurance

Hello David
I tried to find it from the marekting guys in Borland India & they did not
even know that customers have started getting it already.His actual
statement was that delphi 8 has not started shipping yet.On top of it he
said that customers must have got a trial version.He also said that since we
have ordered it we will ceratinly get it(Some assurance !)
After his reply i did not pursue the conversation since he dod not obviously
know any thing.
Now i hope you will give some answers.
Thanks
Venkatesh