Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

2004-01-21 02:29:41 AM
delphi154
I do note that the Borlanders are being silent, but they are
probably in that enforced quiet time that precedes
investor-related
news like quarterly reports.
Oh, I wish you hadn't made me think about that :-(

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

Mark Van Ditta writes:
What I am saying is that Borland's lack of desire to backfill the CTO
position is an indication that they may move all R&D activity overseas
leaving only the sales machine in place in the U.S.
Oh dear, how did you come up with such nonsense?
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

Bob Swart writes:
Paul Cross was once
the CTO
Surely that was Paul Gross?
Mike Orriss

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

"Ray Andrews" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I betcha Dale is wishing now that he hadn't given him that big
check up on stage.
Maybe Dale is wishing the check hadn't bounced. ;-)
Dave

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Oh dear, how did you come up with such nonsense?
Usenet is full of such nonsense.

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

Ahh -- you always take the bait, don't you, Chris? Be glad you're not a
fish :-))
Dave

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

"Joanna Carter (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Where do you think the US gets all its quality from? History shows the UK
be the world leader at innovation; they just don't know how to back a good
idea; that is why all the best British brains are in the US :-)
Sad, but true. :-(
Dave

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

Hi Corbin,
The ship is not sinking. Borland has an incredible amount of talented
engineers, all of whom are capable of producing very high quality software.
Aye to that!!
-corbin
GO BORLAND (and by "GO" I don't mean "away" ;-)
Groetjes,
Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - www.DrBob42.com)
--
Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42) Borland Technology Partner
webmaster UK Borland User Group (BUG) & DotNet Developers Group (DDG)

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

"Brion L. Webster" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I'd hope you'd wash before rubbing your eyes... <g>
ROFL. ;-)
Dave

Dennis Landi writes:

>Agreed. Even the most starry-eyed, blind loyalist must pause,
>belch, scratch their head and then their butts and then rub their
>eyes and wonder what's going on....

I'd hope you'd wash before rubbing your eyes... <g>
(... I will be right back ...)

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

Ulrich Kobsa writes:
there seems to be some strange things going on at Borland when
looking for the rumors during the last month. I'd really like
to see a statement from one of Borlands top people to explain it
(here or as an open letter on the community). Donīt they realize
that they strongly damage of the picture people have of Borland?
Are there top people left? <g>
Seriously, what person or persons would you trust to make such a
statement? No matter who posts, we'd have a reason to distrust
them, from Dale on down to TeamB (recognizing they're not Borland).
-Brion

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

"Bob Swart" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
GO BORLAND (and by "GO" I don't mean "away" ;-)
Go Borland! Go Delphi! Go Hector!
[oops, I got lost in a memory...]

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

Hi Nick,
Borland didn't have a CTO until Blake took the job.
I believe that in the past (IntraBuilder timeframe), Paul Cross was once
the CTO, wasn't he? (see www.drbob42.com/events/bdc-96.htm and
www.drbob42.com/events/bdc96.htm)
Nick Hodges (TeamB)
Groetjes,
Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - www.DrBob42.com)
--
Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42) Borland Technology Partner
webmaster UK Borland User Group (BUG) & DotNet Developers Group (DDG)

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

Dave Jewell writes:
What about moving R&D to the UK? We're here,
we're cheap. ;-))
Good idea :)
--
Colin
e-mail :XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

"Kevin" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Look, do I have to spell it out?
Chuck J --- gone to Microsoft
Blake Stone --- gone to Microsoft
Eddie Churchill --- gone to Microsoft
Simon Thornhill --- gone, destination unknown
On the positive side, it is nice to see that Anders H is reassembling a great
team of techies. On the negative side, it is a shame that it is in the wrong
company. ;-))
Will someone from Borland step in and confirm or deny the first 2 points?
That would make a nice change.
Dave

Re: Borland CTO Blake Stone resigns

"Dave Jewell" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Chuck J --- gone to Microsoft
Blake Stone --- gone to Microsoft
Eddie Churchill --- gone to Microsoft
Simon Thornhill --- gone, destination unknown
Blake is the only non-Delphi guy there. I wonder if this means anything?