Re: TImage and JPEG

2005-01-06 08:01:33 AM
delphi145
Hi Keven,
I had a look at your image in the attachments group and it is a YCbCrK
jpeg. I believe the jpeg unit in Delphi do not support this color system.
This file uses 4 channels (32bit).
I think the 4th channel is the blackness value as in CMYK.
There is a replacement jpeg unit. Do a search in Borland CodeCentral.
Kind Regards
Roy Magne Klever

Re: TImage and JPEG

Curiosity got the better of me ! The JPEG from the attachments displays
without any problem on my system (D5 / XP) ... I don't see any vertical line
problem. It might be a problem with your video display.
Andrew
"Keven Corazza" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Thank you for your answer Finn.

I posted on borland.public.attachments one of the JPEG file with the
problem.

Thank you.

Keven.

Re: TImage and JPEG

Thank you for your answer Roy. The JPEG.DCU that I have downloaded from
CodeCentral solve the problem.
But I don't know how it is possible to solve the problem if I use components
that are based on standard JPEG.dcu.
Because I can display some type of JPEG file, which is the options I have to
use when I save the JPEG file, for example, from Photoshop ? In other words
which type of JPEG file I have to create ?
Thank you.
Keven
Thank you
"Roy M Klever" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hi Keven,

I had a look at your image in the attachments group and it is a YCbCrK
jpeg. I believe the jpeg unit in Delphi do not support this color system.

This file uses 4 channels (32bit).

I think the 4th channel is the blackness value as in CMYK.

There is a replacement jpeg unit. Do a search in Borland CodeCentral.

Kind Regards
Roy Magne Klever

Re: TImage and JPEG

In Photoshop, before saving to jpg go to Image, Mode and select the type you
want, probably RGB for not having this problem, maybe others may work as
they are converted to the format supported by the jpeg, but not CMYK if that
is the problematic mode. Also the latest version (7+) have the Save for Web
that can be used i think.
airmind

>Hi Keven,
>
>I had a look at your image in the attachments group and it is a YCbCrK
>jpeg. I believe the jpeg unit in Delphi do not support this color system.
>
>This file uses 4 channels (32bit).
>
>I think the 4th channel is the blackness value as in CMYK.
>
>There is a replacement jpeg unit. Do a search in Borland CodeCentral.
>

>Kind Regards
>Roy Magne Klever

Re: TImage and JPEG

Hi Keven,
If you use YCbCr there should be no problem, since it is the standard
color model for jpeg.
Kind Regards
Roy Magne Klever

Re: TImage and JPEG

Curiosity got the better of me ! The JPEG from the attachments displays
without any problem on my system (D5 / XP) ... I don't see any vertical line
problem. It might be a problem with your video display.
Do you think? I cannot open this JPEG (D5 / XP) correctly. And Firefox /
Thunderbird cannot open it, too (while Photoshop and Window Paint do not
have any problems). Maybe you already have installed a JPeg unit
replacement?
Jens

Re: TImage and JPEG

Hi Jens,
Yes that thought went through my mind too after I posted my resonse but the
JPeg.dcu in my lib directory is :
11 August 1999, 04:00:00 104,812 bytes ... which is in all probability the
original.
(I do recollect trying the 'fixed' version as I would got problems caused by the
JPeg size bug).
Can't really comment further other than it works for me !
Andrew
"Jens Gruschel" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Do you think? I cannot open this JPEG (D5 / XP) correctly. And Firefox /
Thunderbird cannot open it, too (while Photoshop and Window Paint do not
have any problems). Maybe you already have installed a JPeg unit
replacement?

Jens

Re: TImage and JPEG

Hi Andrew,
11 August 1999, 04:00:00 104,812 bytes ... which is in all probability the
original.
I've exactly the same unit.
Can't really comment further other than it works for me !
Strange.
Jens

Re: TImage and JPEG

Keven Corazza writes:
In attach a JPEG file that is not displayed properly on TImage component.
Simply add a TImage component on a form and load the image in attach; I see
several vertical lines.
Indeed. But are you using Delphi or C++Builder ?
Irfanview, Paint and MS Picture It can display it.
Firefox: The image “file:///D:/CBprojects/6000.JPG?cannot
be displayed, because it contains errors.
Running TImage inside the bcb IDE the CPU window comes up.
You could investigate there.
Hans.