Re: My D2005 trial impressions (warning - positive content)

2004-11-22 09:54:14 AM
delphi123
Andrew writes:
* IDE has had a big old whack with the ugly stick - how many different
styles can you fit on one screen? Try D2005 showing its Welcome tab!
Yeah.. I notice parts of the IDE are themed (under Windows XP/2003)
and some parts of the IDE aren't (it seems more of it isn't themed than
is).
It'd be nice if the UI was consistant-- either use themes everywhere,
or don't use them at all.
Will
--
Want a 64-bit Delphi compiler for AMD64 / IA-32e? Vote here--
qc.borland.com/wc/wc.exe/details

Re: My D2005 trial impressions (warning - positive content)

System:
Win 2000 sp 4
P4 1.6
256 mb RAM
20gig hard drive full to the brim
Startup times:
1st time : 1:15
2nd Time : 0:36
3rd Time : 0:34
Good experiences:
* Refactoring (fast and smart - extract method even moved a variable
declaration that was outside the selection)
* Code, Help, Error insight - all working very fast and as advertised
* Exiting IDE - instant!
* I think I actually prefer a docked designer :-P
Not-so-good experiences:
* No icon on non-visual comp in floating vcl designer (xpmanifest)
* "stack overflow" when dropping a "category buttons" ccomponent onto
floating vcl designer
* ide vanished shortly after above (memories of unpatched D7)!
* IDE has had a big old whack with the ugly stick - how many different
styles can you fit on one screen? Try D2005 showing its Welcome tab!
Cheers,
Andrew