[Delphi 6][BDE][How to Convert Access97 to Access 2000]

2004-01-15 11:47:21 PM
delphi201
Hi!
I have desktop application using Delphi 6 Ent. with Access 97 and BDE.
I would like to know , how can i convert the DataBase From Access97 to
Access2000 by hand code ?
What i have todo to code for the BDE and the conversion of the Data Base
before to use it ?
Thanks You

Re:[Delphi 6][BDE][How to Convert Access97 to Access 2000]

I have desktop application using Delphi 6 Ent. with Access 97 and BDE.

I would like to know , how can i convert the DataBase From Access97 to
Access2000 by hand code ?
BDE cannot read Access 2000 tables, except using ODBC (I think). If you've
D6 Ent then ADO is the way to go.
Failing that DAO works using the free KADAO components and requires very
little changes in the code.
Andrew