Re: Failing long running validations and benchmarks

2006-01-17 09:50:39 PM
delphi75
Hi Bruce
The Nexus for the 2005 competition locks up in the benchmark, also here.
This is the one we are currently testing. To get rid of the lockup, remove
Nexus. It fails and there is no need to continue testing it.
Best regards
Dennis Kjaer Christensen

Re: Failing long running validations and benchmarks

Hi Bruce and Hannes
I have had lock up in that subbenchmark on many different systems. I think
that I have never succeded a complete benchmark suite run on any system.
This includes cases where I have compiled Nexus from the sources.
Best regards
Dennis Kjaer Christensen

Re: Failing long running validations and benchmarks

Hi Bruce
I have just tested the latest Nexus and it does not lock up anymore.
Nexus has released a new NexusMM. I am referring to that one. We will
include it when the 2005 competion has been settled.
Best regards
Dennis Kjaer Christensen

Dennis writes:
Nexus has released a new NexusMM. I am referring to that one. We will
include it when the 2005 competion has been settled.
Agreed.
--
Regards,
Bruce McGee

Re: Failing long running validations and benchmarks

I'm consistently locking up on the "Multi-threaded reallocate and use"
benchmark. I have literally let it run for days. I know I have run this
before on the same machine. The only thing that has changed is that
benchmarks are now compiled without range and overflow checking, so
that's the likely culprit. I haven't tried different combinations yet
to see if it resolves this.

Please feel free to ask anything you like, either here or by e-mail.
Thanks, we'll investigate. Since the trials are still V2 (i just realized
that) it might well be that this is the problems that the initial MM
designhad. MM3 is completely redesigned due to that issue.
Can you tell me when trial DCUs will be available for Delphi 2006? I
asked at sales at nexusdb dot com, but haven't heard back.
I see what I can do.
--
Hannes Danzl [NexusDB Developer]
Newsgroup archive at www.tamaracka.com/search.htm