Downgrade 2005 to 7

2005-10-08 04:42:50 AM
delphi49
Hi,
My issue is more comercial then technical. I bought Delphi 2005 and want
to downgrade it do Delphi 7. How can I do it? I didn't find anything on
delphi's site.
Thanks
Ricardo

Re:Downgrade 2005 to 7

Ricardo Acras writes:

My issue is more comercial then technical. I bought Delphi 2005 and want
to downgrade it do Delphi 7. How can I do it? I didn't find anything on
delphi's site.
You can't. They are different products.

Thanks
Ricardo
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your

Re:Downgrade 2005 to 7

You can't. They are different products.
But I can not buy Delphi 7. What if I need one more Delphi 7 license to a new
programmer in my team?
Thanks
Ricardo

Re:Downgrade 2005 to 7

Ricardo Acras writes:
My issue is more comercial then technical. I bought Delphi 2005 and want
to downgrade it do Delphi 7. How can I do it? I didn't find anything on
delphi's site.
You have to call Borland directly (or your local borland reseller) at the
time of sale to see if you can get a new license for an old version.
There's no provisions for turning 2005 into 7. Unlike MS, Borland doesn't
allow installing any previous version.
--
-Brion

Re:Downgrade 2005 to 7

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
>I bought Delphi 2005 and want to downgrade it to
>Delphi 7. How can I do it?
You can't. They are different products.
For normal upgrades from one version of Delphi to the
next, it has been long understood that the copy used
for the upgrade must be kept in the possession of the
person getting the upgrade.
But if Delphi 7 and D2005 are different products, then the
"upgrade" from Delphi 7 to D2005 is more like the competitive
upgrade from VB(Visual Basic) to Delphi and thus the product used
for the "upgrade" might reasonably be considered
resale-able.
If Delphi 7 and D2005 are considered "different products",
then it might free up quite a few copies of Delphi 7 and
earlier product for resale that were used as the basis
for the upgrade to D2005.
--JohnH

Re:Downgrade 2005 to 7

John Herbster writes:

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote

>>I bought Delphi 2005 and want to downgrade it to
>>Delphi 7. How can I do it?

>You can't. They are different products.

For normal upgrades from one version of Delphi to the
next, it has been long understood that the copy used
for the upgrade must be kept in the possession of the
person getting the upgrade.
But he doesn't state he has D7. Instead he is asking how to get Delphi 7 when he has
D2005. If you upgrade for Delphi 7 to D2005 the combined products make one license.
You can't Sell Delphi 7 since it is a part of the D@005 license. If you purchase
D2005 new you have no rights to previous versions.

But if Delphi 7 and D2005 are different products, then the
"upgrade" from Delphi 7 to D2005 is more like the competitive
upgrade from VB(Visual Basic) to Delphi and thus the product used
for the "upgrade" might reasonably be considered
resale-able.
Nope. The license clearly states that the upgrade license is only valid with
the ownership of the original license. You can't sell the rights to the
qualifying product and still use the upgrade license.

If Delphi 7 and D2005 are considered "different products",
then it might free up quite a few copies of Delphi 7 and
earlier product for resale that were used as the basis
for the upgrade to D2005.
You are misunderstanding what I meant. If you purchased D2005 you have no
rights to Delphi 7 as they are separate products. You have to purchase the Delphi 7 product
at some time to have the rights to use Delphi 7 (the only exception is Delphi 8 shipped with
D7 for Win32 work).

--JohnH
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your
acquaintances will know you in a thousand years. (R Bach)

Re:Downgrade 2005 to 7

You can buy Delphi 7 even now.
For the German Versions there is a online shop at
www.dsdt.info/shop/software/delphi.php
Andreas.
"Ricardo Acras" <r N i O c S a P r A d M o AT acras.net>schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...