Re: UK developper who upgraded to D2006 with SA

2006-12-11 07:34:03 AM
delphi168
Hi Didier,
That would be me. Nick Hodges arranged for Codegear UK to get in touch with
us although I didn't talk to them personally, I handed them over to the
decision maker. We needed to upgrade 4 x Delphi 6 enterprise to BDS2006, and were
interested in SA if it seemed like good value for money. For the upgrade
alone, Codegear offered us the price for 4 x enterprise upgrades, rather
than the (better value) price for 2 x enterprise small team packs upgrades
(which we had to tell them about). I don't know what the price for SA was,
except that the decision maker here didn't consider it to be value for money
(once we have completed the upgrade to BDS2006 I can not see us upgrading
again anytime soon, so that kind of reduces the value of SA for us). There
are also additional costs for us as we use QuickReport heavily, and as that
is not included anymore we are going to have to get 4 x licences for that as
well :-( The end result was that we ordered 2 x enterprise small team pack
upgrades directly from Codegear UK
I'm sure that if you contact Nick he would be more than happy to get the
right people to give you a call. Hope this helps, sorry I don't have the
actual figures to hand.
Ian
There was recently a UK based developper wanting to uprade to BDS 2006
with SA and he could not find it on the borland web site.

Have you had an answer from CodeGear ? I am in the same situation and
would like to upgrade with (possibly) SA but don't know how much it cost
nor where to buy it.

Thanks

Didier

Re: UK developper who upgraded to D2006 with SA

Thanks Ian,
I'll contact Nick
Didier

IanUK writes:
here are also additional costs for us as we use QuickReport heavily,
and as that is not included anymore we are going to have to get 4 x
licences for that as well :-(
Not true -- check the Delphi Developer page, where you will find an
updated version of QuickReports that works with BDS2006.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

IanUK writes:
The end result was that we ordered 2 x enterprise small team pack
upgrades directly from Codegear UK
Thanks for your business.
And if it isn't too late, I would strongly recommend giving that SA another
look.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re: UK developper who upgraded to D2006 with SA

Ray Porter writes:
I recently ordered the BDS2006 Pro Small Team upgrade. It just
arrived Friday. However, I couldn't find anything about SA on the
web site. Can you provide a link, assuming it isn't too late?
SA is presented to you on Checkout. I am not sure about how to add it
after the fact. Send me an email, and I will steer you to our sales
people.
And thanks for the order.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re: UK developper who upgraded to D2006 with SA

Nick,
I recently ordered the BDS2006 Pro Small Team upgrade. It just arrived
Friday. However, I couldn't find anything about SA on the web site. Can
you provide a link, assuming it isn't too late?
--
=================================
Ray Porter
IanUK writes:

>The end result was that we ordered 2 x enterprise small team pack
>upgrades directly from Codegear UK

Thanks for your business.

And if it isn't too late, I would strongly recommend giving that SA another
look.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re: UK developper who upgraded to D2006 with SA

Nick,
My apologies - I "mis-remembered" a previous conversation
(tinyurl.com/ybhnhj) where we were talking about the Turbo range.
You did say at the time they *were* included with BDS but not with the
Turbos, so I happily retract my statement.
Ian
Not true -- check the Delphi Developer page, where you will find an
updated version of QuickReports that works with BDS2006.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re: UK developper who upgraded to D2006 with SA

AFAIK, SA isn't available as a standard add-on
to an upgrade. It has to be purchased at the same
time as the original purchase.
You can contact Sales and they can work out a
custom deal for you.
--
HTH,
Brad.