Re: CodeGear developper network down again

2007-03-04 11:17:53 PM
delphi220
Bob writes:
Terseness might help impress people at parties.
I have provided sufficient information in my posts, but you've been
ignoring it. I don't believe putting more words in the post will change
your view.
--
John Kaster blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: dn.codegear.com

Re: CodeGear developper network down again

Shawn B. writes:
That's a sad message.
It's gone.
--
John Kaster blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: dn.codegear.com
Features and bugs: qc.codegear.com
Got source? cc.codegear.com
If it is not here, it is not happening: ec.codegear.com

Re: CodeGear developper network down again

David Erbas-White writes:
important, and (IMHO) poorly addressed function within the
Hi David,
You raise an interesting point here, and I sincerely hope that you are
starting to see a difference in how we operate here in the groups and
on our blogs.
Our tag line is CodeGear, Where Developers Matter. This is actually
more than just a tag line, its a philosophy within the company, we
still have some way to go I suppose, we are still evolving our own
culture and there are hurdles along the way of course, but we are
definitely moving down that path, and getting better at it as we go I
think. Already we have managed to strong arm our CEO into blogging ;-)
you can already see our VP of products himself here in the newsgroups
regularly, and not just lurking, but stepping in to solve problems
directly, The Delphi product manager is also in here regularly, again
interacting and solving real issues, what you don't see is the internal
email's that often go around as a result of these incursions.
You are right however, developer relations needs to be bigger than just
John, Anders and David in fact we agree with you so much that now the
whole company is charged with developer relations. Take a quick step
back and take another look at us, compare us with a year ago, and then
extrapolate that out.
Regards
--
Tim Jarvis
APAC Product Evangelist Team Leader

Bob writes:
John Kaster (CodeGear) writes:

>My previous post did not contradict these statements in the least. So,
>I'll leave the logic exercise to the reader.

Or leave it to someone who cares.
John said: "Bob, you are making wrong assumptions about who was actually
responsible for setting up and maintaining this server. I have news for
you: it was not CodeGear employees."
John *fixed* the server; he never said he set it up or was responsible
for maintaining it.
I don't know about you, but I have often had to fix problems caused by
other people. Fortunately, I have never had anyone blame me for the
problem just because I was the one who fixed it.
Rich