Re: FPC

2007-03-30 12:39:37 PM
delphi273
Kostya writes:
This is 3007WFP-HC 30-inch WideScreen Flat Panel Monitor from
Dell. Resolution is 2560x1600
In that case...
Send me your monitor, and I should be able to figure out a solution to
your FPC problem ;-)
DISCLAIMER: Goods cannot be returned to sender
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re: FPC

Fernando Madruga writes:
Chrisotpher Burke writes:
>Edmund writes:
>>Wow. HOw big is your monitor or what's the resolution on
>>it? Crikes. The size of the desktop estate is large! 8O
>
>Given the image is 1024x640, which is half 2048x1280, which is 2 *
>(1024x1280)
>
>I'd suggest he has dual portrait mode 1280x1024 19" monitors and he
>50% reduce the desktop capture.

Actually, 1024x640 is one quarter of 2048x1280.
Yes... just what I said ... :)

for the resolution. However, the FPC window is dead on the center: I
doubt he'd be using dual displays with half-window on each, so that's
probably a single display...
On my dual screen setup, the default window location is exactly there :)

Re: FPC

DISCLAIMER: Goods cannot be returned to sender
Ha! Well I am willing to fix the problem **AND** return the monitor. I
can't promise it won't shrink in the mail, however.
Oliver Townshend

Re: FPC

"Chrisotpher Burke" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
Is this russian spelling?
Oliver Townhsend

Re: FPC

Hi Kostya
I am their customer. also want to evaluate performance
of the code produced by Delphi vs FPC. Anything
wrong with that Mr. Guardian?
No offence intended, nor taken.
More a matter of finding people who use the same tools who will have
the experience required to help you.
You might have noticed that there are now 20 posts to this thread, but
not one with an answer. that is a 0% success rate my friend.
HTH
David Moorhouse
Moorhouse Works ltd
www.moorhouse.co.nz

Re: FPC

"Kostya" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:460c57f5$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
at it is maximum size. Any idea/way to make it
bigger?
Try hitting "Alt-Enter."

Re: FPC

TObject writes:
"Kostya" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:460c57f5$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>at it is maximum size. Any idea/way to make it
>bigger?

Try hitting "Alt-Enter."

Can you imagine a full screen DOS box - that big... nightmares for the
rest of my life :)

Re: FPC

Chrisotpher Burke writes:
>for the resolution. However, the FPC window is dead on the center: I
>doubt he'd be using dual displays with half-window on each, so that's
>probably a single display...

On my dual screen setup, the default window location is exactly there :)
Yes, I believe it may be, but would you *leave* it there? :) I wouldn't,
hence my reasoning... But we were both wrong anyway as I am sure you've
seen by now on another post! :)

Re: FPC

David M writes:
You might have noticed that there are now 20 posts to this thread, but
not one with an answer. that is a 0% success rate my friend.
As a matter of fact, two answers have answered in part the question, one
answer being somewhat in jest (Cntrl-Enter) and the other the first part
of the answer (DOS Box settings).
I think the real answer lies in changing the dos box settings, then
changing the editor settings for FPC, or just running it inside a box
after the dos box settings are changed.

Re: FPC

Try starting cmd to get a "DOS Box"
Click on the top-left corner to get the menu, then bottom entry of which is
"Properties".
A Properties dialog with four tabs should: go to the "Layout" tab and make the
Screen Buffer, and Window Size, Width and Height bigger.
Click on "OK", then an "Apply Properties" dialog appears. Try the "Save
Properties for future windows with the same title" option.
If this only works on cmd, then try the same process on your FPC window.
Please let us know how you go,
cheers,
Mat

Re: FPC

Kostya writes:
This is how FPC window looks on my monitor
at it is maximum size. Any idea/way to make it
bigger?

www.exsotron.com/exs_pics/bucket/freepascal.jpg
If it is a dos app you can modify the shortcut to have more lines and
more columns, however, I have no idea if FPC actually would honor that
its bigger.
If you run the app right click on the system menu, properties, layout..
change the window size and "modify the shortcut that started this
window"
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re: FPC

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:21:12 -0500, Kostya writes:
This is how FPC window looks on my monitor
at it is maximum size. Any idea/way to make it
bigger?

www.exsotron.com/exs_pics/bucket/freepascal.jpg
If you are going to play with freepascal try the freepascal IDE Lazarus
instead, I guess they have come pretty far since I tried a year or two ago.
www.lazarus.freepascal.org/
/PeterS

Re: FPC

Sent a message to the relevant mailing list. I guess someone might contact
you. If not I will endeavour to convey the reply.
"Kostya" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
This is how FPC window looks on my monitor
at it is maximum size. Any idea/way to make it
bigger?

www.exsotron.com/exs_pics/bucket/freepascal.jpg

Re: FPC

LOL. He meant division. Image was shrunk
approximately 2.5 times linearly so
2560 became 1024.
No, he's misspelt his name in the newsreader.
Oliver Townshend

Re: FPC

Well, other than that, only two options left:
(Or download Lazarus, a graphical IDE for FPC)
But really. FPC questions belong in FreePascal newsgroups
best regards
Thomas Schulz