JEDI VCS & InterBase

2006-12-06 04:12:37 AM
delphi101
The Jedi VCS Newsgroup is pretty slow, so I thought I would
throw this question here:
Does Jedi VCS work with InterBase 7.5.1 (The Developer
Edition distributed with BDS2006)?
Does anyone have an experience with this combo?
- Nate.

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

Nathaniel,
I don't think that 2 hours is a long time...
--
Florent Ouchet
What I am listening www.pandora.com/people/outch

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

Of course but I have been watching other threads of the same topic,
and there is not much action on that newsgroup, so I decided to
post it here to see if any other Delphi users here are using it.
Apart from that I'd like to know so I can install it on my laptop,
I have business to attend and need to get going. I have been trial'ing
many version control systems lately.
Have you used the mentioned set-up?
- Nate.
"Florent Ouchet" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Nathaniel,

I don't think that 2 hours is a long time...

--
Florent Ouchet
What I am listening www.pandora.com/people/outch

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

FWIW, I am using it with FB 1.5.3, no problems at all.
Regrads,
Marco

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

FWIW, I am using it with FB 1.5.3, no problems at all.
Yes, I'd like to use it with the InterBase installed with
BDS2006, however (IB 7.5.1).
- Nate.

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

Marco Sangali writes:
FWIW, I am using it with FB 1.5.3, no problems at all.

Regrads,
Marco
Is it good?
I have installed it, but not gotten around to actually USING it yet :-p
--
Robin.

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

Nathaniel L. Walker a écrit :
Have you used the mentioned set-up?
No... If I have this set-up, I'd answer in the appropriate newsgroup.
Regards,
--
Florent Ouchet
What I am listening www.pandora.com/people/outch

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

Yes, I am using it since August, I believe, without any problems. Actually it
was more a requirement of my managers than mine, since usually my projects
are "one-man" projects (at the end of the every day I make a full back-up).
But now I am totally comfortable with using a version control system.
JediVCS itself integrates nicely with BDS 2006. The only strange issue I've
got is that, sometimes, when I check-out a unit/form from the pop-up menu
and open it in the editor, it is still read-only. I believe this only happens
when the local file is identical to the one in the VCS. I suspect it is a
Windows, and not JediVCS, issue, I mean, Windows may be allowing BDS to open
the unit before mark it as read-write. Anyway simply closing and re-opening
the unit fixes it. Besides that, no issue at all, it is really a nice and
productive tool.
Regards,
Marco

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

Like the other poster, I use JVCS with embedded Firebird, but haven't
used it with IB yet. Forking projects is somewhat difficult, and I
am considering moving to subversion. Other than that, it works very
well primarily due to the ease with which it can be installed and
integrated into Delphi.
Caleb

Marco Sangali writes:
JediVCS itself integrates nicely with BDS 2006. The only strange issue I've
got is that, sometimes, when I check-out a unit/form from the pop-up menu
and open it in the editor, it is still read-only. I believe this only happens
when the local file is identical to the one in the VCS. I suspect it is a
Windows, and not JediVCS, issue, I mean, Windows may be allowing BDS to open
the unit before mark it as read-write. Anyway simply closing and re-opening
the unit fixes it. Besides that, no issue at all, it is really a nice and
productive tool.
If a form or data module is being used by another via inheritance or
linkage, BDS will be unable to reload it. This has been a Delphi issue
as long as I can remember.
You can do one of two things:
1. Close all forms and datamodules in the IDE and re-open the one you
want to work with. The re-opened file should be editable in the editor
and can be saved. This works most of the time. Sometimes the ancestor
form or linked datamodule refuses to do a hard close and remains loaded
in buffer even though it not loaded in the editor. This was more of an
issue with the older IDEs than the BDS.
2. Right click in the editor window and turn off the Read Only flag. You
can now edit and save. Do this only if you are certain you the latest
revision loaded in the editor.

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

Lol, that time of the month?
Nathaniel L. Walker a écrit :
>Have you used the mentioned set-up?

No... If I have this set-up, I'd answer in the appropriate newsgroup.

Regards,

--
Florent Ouchet
What I am listening www.pandora.com/people/outch

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

Kyle,
Thanks, I am having this issue when dealing with ASP.NET. I will try to turn
off read only flag next time it happens.
Regards,
Marco
"Kyle A. Miller" <kyle#XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escreveu na mensagem

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

Marco Sangali writes:
[...]

Cool, thanks!
(One man developer as well)
--
Robin.

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

Nathaniel L. Walker writes:
Does Jedi VCS work with InterBase 7.5.1 (The Developer
Edition distributed with BDS2006)?

Does anyone have an experience with this combo?

I'm using Jedi VCS server V2.40 for Firebird with IntreBase 7.5.1
without any problems. To my understanding this server version uses
FIBplus to access the database and FIBplus supports both IB and FB.
Also Jedi VCS cllient V2.40 integrates nicely with BDS2006 .
-- Mikko

Re:JEDI VCS & InterBase

Nathaniel L. Walker writes:

>Does Jedi VCS work with InterBase 7.5.1 (The Developer
>Edition distributed with BDS2006)?
>
>Does anyone have an experience with this combo?

I'm using Jedi VCS server V2.40 for Firebird with IntreBase 7.5.1
without any problems. To my understanding this server version uses
FIBplus to access the database and FIBplus supports both IB and FB.

Also Jedi VCS cllient V2.40 integrates nicely with BDS2006 .

I've been trying to get the service started for days and it just won't start
for some reason.
The database is created and populated (I used the included scripts),
the service installs, but it doesn't start. Hrm...
- Nate.