Having different screen resolutions in mind?

Hello!

What should I know about programming "for" different screen resolutions?

Let's say that I made *the* program, and it looks fine in 800x600, but
when trying it on 1024x768 some of the components looks misplaced etc.,
so what are the best thing to do when trying to avoid such problems?

Any thoughts?  Any documentation on the Web, maybe?  Ideas?  Good ideas?

--
Tore Aursand - Norway - tor...@sn.no - http://home.sol.no/~toreau/
"Initiative is the ability to do the right thing.  Efficiency is the

Re:Having different screen resolutions in mind?

tor...@sn.no (Tore Aursand) asks:

>What should I know about programming "for" different screen resolutions?

>Let's say that I made *the* program, and it looks fine in 800x600, but
>when trying it on 1024x768 some of the components looks misplaced etc.,
>so what are the best thing to do when trying to avoid such problems?

>Any thoughts?  Any documentation on the Web, maybe?  Ideas?  Good ideas?

Two ways to go--playing with panels and alignments and fonts and whatever till
you are crazy or you can buy TSizer (Zac catalog) and let it do it.  I'm not
part of that company--works nicely.

Nate

 Foolproof systems always underestimate
 the ingenuity of a fool.

 Clipper Functions 4.0 for Delphi
 http://members.aol.com/clipfunc

Re:Having different screen resolutions in mind?

In article <PPsU1ErRv61G09...@sn.no>, Tore Aursand <tor...@sn.no> writes

>Let's say that I made *the* program, and it looks fine in 800x600, but
>when trying it on 1024x768 some of the components looks misplaced etc.,
>so what are the best thing to do when trying to avoid such problems?

Set form scaling to FALSE and use True Type Fonts...more info on this
subject in the Borland Delphi FAQ site
--
Paul Grenet

Other Threads