Board index » delphi » MS Win95 Game SDK

MS Win95 Game SDK

Quote
Warvair wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jun 96 18:28:24 GMT, dmontgom...@valleynet.com (David
> Montgomery) wrote:

> >Blake Stone has written Delphi wrappers for the commercial release of DirectX
> >2 for DirectDraw and DirectPlay (maybe even DirectPlay, I forget).  You can
> >find his page at http://www.dkw.com/bstone

> >Regards,

> >David

> Fan-damn-tas-tic!  Just what the doctor ordered... ThanX David!

There's a BIG catch!  No Direct3d units :(  Hopefully Mr. Stone is
burning the mignight oil on this one for the rest of us ;)

Daniel Spiess
dspi...@frii.com

 

Re:MS Win95 Game SDK


Quote
> Daniel Spiess or Petra Lowe <dspi...@frii.com> wrote in article

<31D36C1D.5...@frii.com>...

Quote
> Warvair wrote:
[snip]
> There's a BIG catch!  No Direct3d units :(  Hopefully Mr. Stone is
> burning the mignight oil on this one for the rest of us ;)

When did you download it?  I just grabbed these headers two days ago, and
his web page said there was Direct3D support (the note indicating such was
dated a few days after the first announcement of the DirectX2 header
port).  I haven't yet looked at it myself, so I don't know if the headers
are actually IN there...

--
David S. Becker
ADP Dealer Services (Plaza R&D)
mailto:d...@plaza.ds.adp.com
(503)402-3236

Re:MS Win95 Game SDK


Daniel Spiess or Petra Lowe wrote:

Quote

> Warvair wrote:

> > On Wed, 26 Jun 96 18:28:24 GMT, dmontgom...@valleynet.com (David
> > Montgomery) wrote:

> > >Blake Stone has written Delphi wrappers for the commercial release of DirectX
> > >2 for DirectDraw and DirectPlay (maybe even DirectPlay, I forget).  You can
> > >find his page at http://www.dkw.com/bstone

> > >Regards,

> > >David

> > Fan-damn-tas-tic!  Just what the doctor ordered... ThanX David!

> There's a BIG catch!  No Direct3d units :(  Hopefully Mr. Stone is
> burning the mignight oil on this one for the rest of us ;)

> Daniel Spiess
> dspi...@frii.com

My mistake. They ARE there!!  I re-D/L it and there they were.  Not sure
what happened before.

DJS

Re:MS Win95 Game SDK


"David S. Becker" <d...@plaza.ds.adp.com> wrote:

Quote
>> Daniel Spiess or Petra Lowe <dspi...@frii.com> wrote in article
><31D36C1D.5...@frii.com>...
>> Warvair wrote:
>[snip]
>> There's a BIG catch!  No Direct3d units :(  Hopefully Mr. Stone is
>> burning the mignight oil on this one for the rest of us ;)

>When did you download it?  I just grabbed these headers two days ago, and
>his web page said there was Direct3D support (the note indicating such was
>dated a few days after the first announcement of the DirectX2 header
>port).  I haven't yet looked at it myself, so I don't know if the headers
>are actually IN there...

>--
>David S. Becker
>ADP Dealer Services (Plaza R&D)
>mailto:d...@plaza.ds.adp.com
>(503)402-3236

I just downloaded it myself on Saturday 6th, and they were the
DirectX2 port. However you need to download DirectX2 from
the Microsoft site, and that is 33MB, unless of course you
get the MSDN.

Matthew
----------------------------------------------------------------------
* Matthew Winter
*
* Email : winte...@thenet.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re:MS Win95 Game SDK


Quote
Matthew Winter (winte...@thenet.co.uk) wrote:

: "David S. Becker" <d...@plaza.ds.adp.com> wrote:

: >> Daniel Spiess or Petra Lowe <dspi...@frii.com> wrote in article
: ><31D36C1D.5...@frii.com>...

Quote
: >> Warvair wrote:

: >[snip]
: >> There's a BIG catch!  No Direct3d units :(  Hopefully Mr. Stone is
: >> burning the mignight oil on this one for the rest of us ;)

Sigh.  I had hoped to tackle it earlier, but it is still on my
priority list.  Perhaps this weekend?

: >When did you download it?  I just grabbed these headers two days ago, and
: >his web page said there was Direct3D support (the note indicating such was
: >dated a few days after the first announcement of the DirectX2 header
: >port).  I haven't yet looked at it myself, so I don't know if the headers
: >are actually IN there...

The included headers are there for Direct3D, but I haven't gotten
around to the Direct3DRM stuff yet, and unless you like cameras
and lighting without geometry to see or illuminate ... one is
somewhat useless without the other.  Real Soon Now.

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blake W. Stone                                             bst...@dkw.com
Technical Director - DKW Systems          "Art may imitate life, but life
http://www.dkw.com/bstone                     imitates TV" - Ani Difranco

Other Threads