Missing text in Memo

Can anyone tell me why text I have in a Memo's disappears sometimes. I have
several Memo's on several TabSheet's and when modifying the source
sometimes, not always, the text for that Memo or several Memo's will
disappear and I have to input it again. This has happened in Delphi 4 and 5.

--

regards
Stephen J Weeks

http://www.sjweeks.co.uk

Delphi and Clipper Developer

Re:Missing text in Memo

The message <89h6b3$hp...@gxsn.com>
  from  "Stephen J Weeks" <supp...@sjweeks.co.uk> contains these words:

> Can anyone tell me why text I have in a Memo's disappears sometimes. I have
> several Memo's on several TabSheet's and when modifying the source
> sometimes, not always, the text for that Memo or several Memo's will
> disappear and I have to input it again. This has happened in Delphi 4 and 5.
> --

Hi Stephen,

I do not have an answer for you but the same thing has happended to me.
I use delphi 3 and by a strange coincidence it was also text in a memo
which was in a tab sheet. It was quite a lot of text perhaps 1000 bytes
or so. Since the text is kept in the .dfm file, I assumed there may be
a limit (but more likely a bug) which prevents more than a certain
amount of text being stored there. Because I do not like rewriting
the same stuff all the time, I now keep the text on disk and use
memo.lines.loadfromfile instead.

--
regards Andreas Kyriacou

Don't criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes,
that way when you criticize him you're a mile away and have his shoes.
http://www.andrikkos.co.uk

Other Threads