How to Connecting to computer using Computer name

I would like to know how to connect to a windows 9x/nt comp. using only
TClientSocket or TServerSocket.  Just finding the IP address of a computer
using  its computer name  (ie: \\computername) will be fine.

Thanks in advance

Muhammed-Sharif

Re:How to Connecting to computer using Computer name

Muhammed-Sharif <muhammed_sha...@hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
3a1f4c4c_2@dnews...

> I would like to know how to connect to a windows 9x/nt comp. using only
> TClientSocket or TServerSocket.  Just finding the IP address of a computer
> using  its computer name  (ie: \\computername) will be fine.

Go to my website (see sig.)  and download sockdemo.zip.
BTW : with sockets, do *not* use \\computername ,  but just the computername
as it appears in network properties.

--
Regards,

Dirk Claessens
http://www.claessens16.yucom.be
Attention: All spamshields raised; E-mails will bounce!

Re:How to Connecting to computer using Computer name

Does this match the nt/95 computer name or the host name in the tcp/ip
properties?
Dirk Claessens wrote:
> Muhammed-Sharif <muhammed_sha...@hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
> 3a1f4c4c_2@dnews...
> > I would like to know how to connect to a windows 9x/nt comp. using only
> > TClientSocket or TServerSocket.  Just finding the IP address of a computer
> > using  its computer name  (ie: \\computername) will be fine.

> Go to my website (see sig.)  and download sockdemo.zip.
> BTW : with sockets, do *not* use \\computername ,  but just the computername
> as it appears in network properties.

> --
> Regards,

> Dirk Claessens
> http://www.claessens16.yucom.be
> Attention: All spamshields raised; E-mails will bounce!

Re:How to Connecting to computer using Computer name

Thanks Dirk, I havent tried it yet, but I'll take your word for it

(btw, the title was not a gramatical error, just a typo, english was my
first language, hehe)

Other Threads