ActiveX vs. DCP

Hi!

Sorry for my ignorance,
but- could somebody be so kind to explain to me what is the difference
between ActiveX and Delphi Compiled Packages, in using, distributing,
advantages, disadvantages, pro's
and con's...
Thanks in advance
Aleksandar

Re:ActiveX vs. DCP

<<Aleksandar Galovic:
could somebody be so kind to explain to me what is the
difference between ActiveX and Delphi Compiled Packages, in
using, distributing, advantages, disadvantages, pro's

Only Delphi can use DCPs. ActiveX is a Windows technology,
you can use ActiveXs in VB, C++, even Microsoft Office. But
they are slower, and harder to create/debug - if you'll
only be using your components from Delphi then you should
stick with Delphi's native formats.

--
Deborah Pate

Re:ActiveX vs. DCP

Hi Deborah!

> Only Delphi can use DCPs. ActiveX is a Windows technology,
> you can use ActiveXs in VB, C++, even Microsoft Office. But
> they are slower, and harder to create/debug - if you'll
> only be using your components from Delphi then you should
> stick with Delphi's native formats.

We were thinking similiar,
but it is very nice to get confirmation from You!
Yes, we are going to use our components only from Delphi
and we are going to stick with DCP.
(for now...)
Thanks
Aleksandar