Problem with Excel in an OLE Container.

Hi -

I am developing an application which uses Excel in an OLEContainer.
It seems to be working well except for one problem - I want it to
coexist cleanly with other instances of Excel which might be running
at the same time.  This means that if Excel was already running on
the user's machine, I want my app to leave it alone and create a fresh
instance for my container.

This is easy to do with straight OLE Automation, but I can't find any
way to force the container to do it.  If I do a CreateObjectFromFile,
I connect to the currently running instance; if I do a CreateObject of
excel.application, I get a new instance, but I can't convince it to
display anything...

I would be grateful for any suggestions...

Thanks,
    -- leon

( sorry for the anti-spam address - I am really lgordon at osinj.com)