Minimizing the main Window

When I minimize the main window of my Delphi 2.0 application, the event
sound isn't played, and it doesn't look the same as for all other Windows
applications, except for the Delphi IDE itself. IMHO, very annoying! I would
really like to change this behaviour, but don't know how to accomplish it.

I'm trying to learn a little about the API and how Delphi works with it, and
came up with the idea that I should override the TForm.CreateParams method,
like this:

PROCEDURE FormMinimizeTheRightWay.CreateParams( VAR params :
TCreateParams );
BEGIN
   INHERITED CreateParams( params );
   params.style := WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW
END;

But (as usual when *I* try to involve the API) it didn't do any good. So, am
I looking in the right direction at all, or is the answer to be found
somewhere else?

Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated!

- H?kan Johansson -

Re:Minimizing the main Window

Have a look at this article: http://www.cobb.com/ddj/9610/ddj96a2.htm
at Delphi Developer's Journal ( http://www.cobb.com/ddj/ ).

H?kan Johansson wrote in message <6l1pio$91...@cubacola.tninet.se>...
>When I minimize the main window of my Delphi 2.0 application, the event
>sound isn't played, and it doesn't look the same as for all other Windows
>applications, except for the Delphi IDE itself. IMHO, very annoying! I
would
>really like to change this behaviour, but don't know how to accomplish it.

>I'm trying to learn a little about the API and how Delphi works with it,
and
>came up with the idea that I should override the TForm.CreateParams method,
>like this:

>PROCEDURE FormMinimizeTheRightWay.CreateParams( VAR params :
>TCreateParams );
>BEGIN
>   INHERITED CreateParams( params );
>   params.style := WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW
>END;

>But (as usual when *I* try to involve the API) it didn't do any good. So,
am
>I looking in the right direction at all, or is the answer to be found
>somewhere else?

>Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated!

>- H?kan Johansson -

Other Threads