How do I add a user to the Local InterBase Security database

I know that you can do this using the Server Manager that ships with Delphi, but
I'd like to be able to do this programatically - I don't like forcing the user
to leave SYSDBA and "masterkey" in their security database.

Also, what if the user already has Delphi/Paradox installed on their system and
has removed the SYSDBA or changed their password - there is then no way for our
Delphi apps to work on their systems...

Ash.
be...@cygnus.uwa.edu.au

Re:How do I add a user to the Local InterBase Security database

be...@tartarus.uwa.edu.au (Ashley Bennett) wrote:
>I know that you can do this using the Server Manager that ships with
>Delphi, but I'd like to be able to do this programatically - I don't like
>forcing the user to leave SYSDBA and "masterkey" in their security
>database.

I was told be Borland Tech support that there is no programmatic way to add
users to Interbase.

>Also, what if the user already has Delphi/Paradox installed on their
>system and has removed the SYSDBA or changed their password - there is
>then no way for our Delphi apps to work on their systems...

It is possible to delete the administrative user -- there is no way to undo
this. The only solution is replacing the sc4.gdb security database.

--
Brad Aisa <ba...@tor.hookup.net>  http://www.hookup.net/~baisa/

"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

Other Threads