Cancelling Scroll in Before Scroll Event

I need to stop a dataset from scrolling in the BeforeScroll event if certain
conditions exist.

DataSet.Cancel does not work.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

Re:Cancelling Scroll in Before Scroll Event

In article <39cb81d5_2@dnews>, Kelley Bonawitz wrote:
> DataSet.Cancel does not work.

> Is there a way to do this?

  SysUtils.Abort;

 Mike Orriss (TeamB & Developer Express)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 5)
 (No unsolicited e-mail replies please)

Re:Cancelling Scroll in Before Scroll Event

Could you explain the scope of sysutils.abort?

Is abort Dataset oriented only?

If I am running procedures called by procedures, what does abort affect?

Thanks again. I have found the help system sparse in this area.

In article <8qh0mv$i...@bornews.borland.com>, Kelley Bonawitz wrote:
> Could you explain the scope of sysutils.abort?

You can regard this as a silent exception and applies everywhere. It is
actually implemented as:
  raise Exception.Create('');

Note: I always refer to SysUtils.Abort because the BDE unit has a
different version. The same thing applies to Date.

 Mike Orriss (TeamB & Developer Express)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 5)
 (No unsolicited e-mail replies please)

Other Threads