Board index » delphi » Run time error 200...all the time

Run time error 200...all the time

Hi, everybody!

Lately I saw a couple of posts with the same subj but they were all
encrypted (or maybe it was a non-english language, who knows :). So the
question is, why do I get this error from many of my pascal progs and do I
fix it?

 

Re:Run time error 200...all the time


In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10010180823360.25864-100...@inka.cs.llu.lv>,
  Kristaps Rats <s013...@inka.cs.llu.lv> wrote:

Quote
> Hi, everybody!

> Lately I saw a couple of posts with the same subj but they were all
> encrypted (or maybe it was a non-english language, who knows :). So
the
> question is, why do I get this error from many of my pascal progs and
do I
> fix it?

I don't know about you but I could read them OK. The answer was always
Read The FAQ.

--
Iain Jones         xh0u9...@NOSPAMliv.ac.uk
Faculty Of Science, University Of Liverpool
http://www.liv.ac.uk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Run time error 200...all the time


In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10010180823360.25864-100...@inka.cs.llu.lv>,
Kristaps Rats  <s013...@inka.cs.llu.lv> wrote:
:question is, why do I get this error from many of my pascal progs and do I
:fix it?

Please read item #124 in

 165966 Jan 8 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

Yours is _the_ most frequently asked Turbo Pascal question.

   All the best, Timo

--
Prof. Timo Salmi ftp & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5
Department of Accounting and Business Finance  ; University of Vaasa
mailto:t...@uwasa.fi <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/>  ; FIN-65101,  Finland
Timo's  FAQ  materials  at   http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

Re:Run time error 200...all the time


JRS:  In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10010180823360.25864-100...@inka.cs.llu.
lv> of Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:27:11 seen in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland,

Quote
Kristaps Rats <s013...@inka.cs.llu.lv> wrote:

>Lately I saw a couple of posts with the same subj but they were all
>encrypted (or maybe it was a non-english language, who knows :). So the
>question is, why do I get this error from many of my pascal progs and do I
>fix it?

The chief cause of suffering from this error is that you have not read
the c.l.p.b mini-FAQ, frequently posted here.

Read the comp.lang.pascal.borland mini-FAQ; and Prof.
Salmi's FAQ  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip #124, and/or Ing.
Franz Glaser's http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tp.html and my
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/  clpb-faq.txt  pas-time.htm  pas-r200.htm .
Install Pedt Scragg's Crt unit; or run Andreas Bauer's TPPATCH on your EXE
(beware early c't EXE-patches). Other fixes are to avoid all use of the Crt
unit; or, if accurate Delay is not needed, to compile with TP5 or TP6.

--
? John Stockton, Surrey, UK.   j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v4.00   MIME.

Re:Run time error 200...all the time


JRS:  In article <8sk5et$...@loisto.uwasa.fi> of Wed, 18 Oct 2000
15:35:41 seen in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Timo Salmi <t...@UWasa.Fi>
wrote:

Quote
>In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10010180823360.25864-100...@inka.cs.llu.lv>,
>Kristaps Rats  <s013...@inka.cs.llu.lv> wrote:
>:question is, why do I get this error from many of my pascal progs and do I
>:fix it?

>Please read item #124 in

> 165966 Jan 8 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
> tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

I think #124 needs updating.  It contains, AFAICS, no mention of Pedt's
fix, now available from Garbo; nor of Andreas Bauer's, which I use on
old EXEs.  The mini-FAQ covers both of these.

Perhaps there could be a new Q in the FAQ, chosen so that the answer
includes Pedt's mini-FAQ?  "What other Pascal FAQs are there?", maybe.

I've heard a report of a different error; with a PIII/650, bp/tp
[programs] crash a Win95 DOS window; I've suggested that he asks here.

--
? John Stockton, Surrey, UK.  j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk   Turnpike v4.00   MIME. ?
 <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> TP/BP/Delphi/&c., FAQqy topics & links;
 <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt> Pedt Scragg: c.l.p.b. mFAQ;
 <URL: ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip> Timo Salmi's Turbo Pascal FAQ.

Re:Run time error 200...all the time


In article <BOZcP0ThMj75E...@merlyn.demon.co.uk>,
Dr John Stockton  <j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:
:>Please read item #124 in
:> 165966 Jan 8 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip

:I think #124 needs updating.  It contains, AFAICS, no mention of Pedt's
:fix, now available from Garbo; nor of Andreas Bauer's, which I use on
:old EXEs.  The mini-FAQ covers both of these.
:
:Perhaps there could be a new Q in the FAQ, chosen so that the answer
:includes Pedt's mini-FAQ?  "What other Pascal FAQs are there?", maybe.

It is a good idea. At the moment, however, there is not enough new
material in the FAQ to motivate releasing an update. An update is
not currently in the wings. This is partly because my interests have
shifted, partly because the FAQ is rather covering with regard to TP
as it already is. The problem, of course, with a static FAQ is the
links and references contained in the FAQ. Those are best taken care
by the web pages such as yours and the regular reference postings
such as Pedt's.

The best solution would be to expand on my own standard answer. What
exact paths would you and Pedt suggest that I include besides my
above reference in the future?

   All the best, Timo

--
Prof. Timo Salmi ftp & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5
Department of Accounting and Business Finance  ; University of Vaasa
mailto:t...@uwasa.fi <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/>  ; FIN-65101,  Finland
Timo's  FAQ  materials  at   http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

Re:Run time error 200...all the time


JRS:  In article <8slkef$...@loisto.uwasa.fi> of Thu, 19 Oct 2000
04:57:35 seen in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Timo Salmi <t...@UWasa.Fi>
wrote:

Quote
>In article <BOZcP0ThMj75E...@merlyn.demon.co.uk>,
>Dr John Stockton  <j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>:>Please read item #124 in
>:> 165966 Jan 8 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip

>:I think #124 needs updating.  It contains, AFAICS, no mention of Pedt's
>:fix, now available from Garbo; nor of Andreas Bauer's, which I use on
>:old EXEs.  The mini-FAQ covers both of these.
>:
>:Perhaps there could be a new Q in the FAQ, chosen so that the answer
>:includes Pedt's mini-FAQ?  "What other Pascal FAQs are there?", maybe.

>It is a good idea. At the moment, however, there is not enough new
>material in the FAQ to motivate releasing an update. An update is
>not currently in the wings. This is partly because my interests have
>shifted, partly because the FAQ is rather covering with regard to TP
>as it already is. The problem, of course, with a static FAQ is the
>links and references contained in the FAQ. Those are best taken care
>by the web pages such as yours and the regular reference postings
>such as Pedt's.

>The best solution would be to expand on my own standard answer. What
>exact paths would you and Pedt suggest that I include besides my
>above reference in the future?

Perhaps :

 "Please read item #124 in

  165966 Jan 8 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
  tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

  and Section 3, "Very Frequently Asked Questions", in the news:c.l.p.b
  mini-FAQ at http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt" ?

I've not assessed which is the best of the locations that the mini-FAQ
can be found at; perhaps Pedt has - H'mmm - reads mini-FAQ - change that
location to read ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/faqclpb.zip

Section 3 of the mini-FAQ links to my Crt/Delay/RTE200 pages.

If there is another update to your Pascal FAQ, maybe there could be a
section of "Other FAQs" with pointers to Pedt's and to a few Web pages,
including any other-Pascal-FAQ-linking pages - this would provide a
route onwards.

Andreas Schlechte's
        http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~inas/computer/FAQ/pasfaq.html
        Turbo Pascal FAQ, including DPMI
looks good, for those who can tackle the encoding (it's in German); but
it may no longer be being updated.

( A Delphi equivalent to your FAQ is much needed, and a fair proportion
of the articles in the existing one would still apply. )

( Pedt : c.l.p.b mFAQ : ?add?, near "Heidenstrom", the URL Timo gives :
     358426 Jan 31 1996 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/programming/pctim003.zip
     pctim003.zip Timing on the PC under MS-DOS, K.Heidenstrom ? )

--
? John Stockton, Surrey, UK.  j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk   Turnpike v4.00   MIME. ?
 <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> TP/BP/Delphi/&c., FAQqy topics & links;
 <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt> Pedt Scragg: c.l.p.b. mFAQ;
 <URL: ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip> Timo Salmi's Turbo Pascal FAQ.

Other Threads