TTable Post on Form Close

Can anyone help me?

I have a database application written in Delphi 3. When I exit from one of
the forms, the TTable component (held in a datamodule), which is connected
to the fields on the form,  posts the record. I am not aware that this is
normal behavior, and I cannot reproduce it with a simple app. I have tried
tracing into the VCL, but I got tired tracing through one message after
another.

One clue is that this only occurs when the TTable has a master table
defined. When I remove the master-detail relationship the post does not
happen.

Does anybody have any idea why the post might be triggered. It is
definitely not my code - There is no form close event handler defined, and
the post occurs as a direct result of the close.

Thanks in advance

Paul Harrington

Re:TTable Post on Form Close

Paul Harrington wrote:

> Can anyone help me?

> I have a database application written in Delphi 3. When I exit from one of
> the forms, the TTable component (held in a datamodule), which is connected
> to the fields on the form,  posts the record. I am not aware that this is
> normal behavior, and I cannot reproduce it with a simple app. I have tried
> tracing into the VCL, but I got tired tracing through one message after
> another.

> One clue is that this only occurs when the TTable has a master table
> defined. When I remove the master-detail relationship the post does not
> happen.

> Does anybody have any idea why the post might be triggered. It is
> definitely not my code - There is no form close event handler defined, and
> the post occurs as a direct result of the close.

> Thanks in advance

> Paul Harrington

Do you destroy your form after it is closed ??

Conrad Smith

Other Threads